What is this?

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
A good friend killed this bull in NV a few years back. After reaching the bull it was obvious he had been injured or had some type of disease as you can see from the picture. He also had a wound on his side that was infected and when I pushed it with my foot it was full of puss. Needless to say the meat was not recovered and it was reported to the fish and game. Anyone ever seen anything like this before? I saw a picture posted recently of a bull that was taken by a hunter that thought he was just covered in mud on his back but ended up having the same look as this bull. He thought maybe a lighting strike could have caused it?

ABB329CF-E68D-4000-ACC3-1CEF0C0673C5.jpeg

Could be from a lion ripping the hide off. About 7 yrs ago there was a brown bear on the russian river in alaska that got in a fight with another bear and had a saddle of bare muscle on its back from having the fur ripped off. Wish I could find the pic.

A good friend killed this bull in NV a few years back. After reaching the bull it was obvious he had been injured or had some type of disease as you can see from the picture. He also had a wound on his side that was infected and when I pushed it with my foot it was full of puss. Needless to say the meat was not recovered and it was reported to the fish and game. Anyone ever seen anything like this before? I saw a picture posted recently of a bull that was taken by a hunter that thought he was just covered in mud on his back but ended up having the same look as this bull. He thought maybe a lighting strike could have caused it?

View attachment 91700

If this was wyoming our game and fish would classify it as CWD. anything that dies from hunters, cars, natural they like throw out the CWD blame card

View attachment 91700
Not every day your elk comes with its own sauce on the side!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom