what scope?????????

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
hoping to get some input from some of you experts.

i have a savage 6.5x284 long range hunter i am looking to match it up with a good scope for deer hunting. currentlty i am looking at the zeiss conquest rapid z8. my budget for this scope is going to be about 1200$ what would you guys reccomend. does anyone reccomend the burris eliminator

I cannot reccomend the Burris Eliminator since I would NEVER have one on any of my rifles. A Leupold VX-3 would be worth considering. mtmuley

I agree go with the Leupold. I have the vx3 with the elevation nob. Great customer service as well.

Leupold VX-3 is great, but that conquest has better optics. I have both and love both. I think that rapid Z-800 is for flatter cartridges than the 6.5-284. I think the 4.5-14X50 conquest would be great for that gun, but it has turrets and I don't know if you want that. The 4.5-14X44 doesn't have the turrets.

thanks for the input guys i am definantly going to check out the leupold. what is with the nightforce are they that much better of a scope than the leupold and zeiss. or is it just the name.

completesportsman you cant go wrong with a Leupold. I just purchase a VX-3 4.5-14x40mm with the varmint reticle. I chose that reticle because I wanted to be able to use the wind dots and the 500 yard drop came close to my load. I plan on later to get it set up with a CDS dial.I believe those CDS dial only go out to plus or minus 700 yards maybe 800.

quest

Unless money is no object nobody beats Leupold for what you pay. end of story.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]I would take a look at the vortex PST, I put one on my savage 110 FCP in 338 Lapua and love this scope. Clicks are repeatable, glass is nice and clear, warranty is just as good as leupold from what I hear, also has zero stop. I have only shot about 80 rounds through the lapua so far but no issues yet. I got the 6X24X50 first focal plane(my first scope with this) with the mil turrets and mil recticle(first scope with these features as well), I can dial or hold over with the recticle.

I have a Ziess Rapid Z. I was was at the Bass Pro In Denver and all the good scopes looked great in the big lights of the store. The guy helping me reccomended I look in go the dark corner rafters that were in and unlit part of the store. Ziess killed them all in that lower light. I know that isn't the only thing to a scope but I was somethingt that stood out for me

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom