What tags did everyone apply for?

peanut

Now that the CO app season is over, what did everyone apply for?

for me,

Elk 61 bull second season our res group has six points, might draw
deer PP will have 10
antelope pp will have 3
moose pp will have 3

Good luck to everyone

Muzzleloader cow elk GMU 4 with a state wide cow license for second choice.
Pref Point for deer

Elk Point-Will have 7
Pronghorn-Will have 10
Deer- Early HC Rifle
Still on waiting period for Sheep and Goat

If gas goes to over $4 a gallon ,I may cancel my license and go for a refund. The trip from Michigan is getting expensive and I have my limit.
The other option is get a little truck that is better on gas.

Deer - SW area - 1st choice
Middle park - 2nd choice
Middle park; differnet season - 3rd choice
Middle park another area - 4th choice

My wife and went togehter for the first time. She has no points, so we just hope to draw the 3rd or 4th choices.

I know its balsphemy to some here, but I also might look into a landowner voucher if they are fairly cheap.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-08 AT 05:27PM (MST)[p]Rem

Option two sounds better.

Deer PP Will have 2 NR
Elk PP Will have 2 NR May purchase a 2nd or 3rd season leftover cow tag in August

264X300

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-08 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]Wife ~
Wolf Springs RFW Deer = 15 points.

Me~
Mountain Goat / unit G-9 = 3+7
Desert Sheep = S62
Moose / unit 19 = 3+7
Antelope/ unit 135 = 6 points.
Elk / unit 69 (4th season Greenhorn) = 3 points.
Deer / Unit 85 = 0 pts
Bear = Preference Point

13 year old Daughter ~
Deer / unit 85 = 0 points
Doe antelope = RFW Rimrock

We will keep our fingers crossed! Only 2 more months of waiting!

Good luck 61 elk applicants! I also went 61 with 12 points as a NR. First rifle. It ain't gonna happen! Oh well, I tried just in case!

peanut,

How do you feel 2nd rifle elk in 61 stacks up in terms of quality vs. 1st rifle season? Just curious? I could probably get out with that hunt? You can PM me if you want to? I would appreciate your thoughts. I will keep an eye on deer voucher prices for 61 2nd season and maybe do a combo hunt for big stinky bulls and big stinky bucks next year!:)

Point only for elk will have 11 going into 2009 will that draw unit 61 archery elk?NOPE it will take a couple more for me I think but who knows?
Deer lets get this year over with first ktc we will be hunting deer somewhere that is a fact.Cant wait.Will have only 2 points for deer for 2009 but its a start.

Elk, Deer points only, will have 17 NR points for elk and 10 for deer for next year, I was going to go after a unit 2 or 10 Archery elk tag but the AZ G&F was good to me this year.
jd

jdan,

17 POINTS! Dude! I was in my early 20's, married for only a few years, not even close to having kids but I now have a teenager, drove a '78 Chevy, and had just had my 5 year HS reunion. ;-)

Damn that was a long time ago! Ha!

WAS THERE A POINT SYSTEM BACK IN 1991???????????????????????
This is in reference to to jdan's post above.

Don't remember COLO. having one then when I bought tags over the counter and hunted in unit 71 for deer in 1991.

Brian

I applied for ELK 1st rifle season in area 49,(4 points)
anyone thats willing to share any knowledge will
help. I'll help anyone with GMU66 or Unit 34 in
New Mexico. Thanks in advance

ktc, I hope you do draw!! Damn point creep has been unreal the last 2 years. I'm thinking a lot of guys realized they'll never get the NW corner so they are applying for other good units just to get a good hunt before either they are too old or they change the rules again. 10% for NR's in our future?? At some point it has to level out, right??

Oilcan, Me neither!! This will be my most disappointing draw season EVER if I don't get that tag cause I applied around the last 2 weeks of Sept this year. Later elk hunts in every other draw.

Califelkslayer I don"t think you have anything to worry about you"ll get that tag.I"m trying not to get my hopes up.I have a backup plan but it will be disappointing if i don"t draw.Heck i gotta draw i already went out and bought a new bow.

Ekl GMU 01 Rifle, 1 Pt Res! Well, I will have to just settle for an Over the counter Archery Bull tag in Unit 35,36. Knocking off a 320 class bull behind the $7500 ranch fence will be just as sweet.

cali,

Thanks, but it is probably never gonna happen this year, or next, the next, or the one after that! I might have to shift gears and go for the next best thing? Not sure what that is yet, but we will see. I am seriously considering a unit for first elk and a deer voucher in the same unit and year?

Let me know how you like 61 cuz you are goin' for sure!

17 pts and I'm still not guaranteed an archery elk tag next year in 201 or 2, I never thought I would have to wait this long, I was in my early thirties, I hope it's worth it when I finally pull, I actually have drawn 4 AZ elk tags while waiting to hunt CO.
jd

Sheep in 9.
Moose in 18.
Elk for my 16th PP.
Deer for my 8th PP.

About 12 years ago I missed the application deadline when the DOW decided to move it up a few weeks. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that one.

I think the point creep is also caused in part by people actually putting in for tags and not PP's. More names in the hat now.

Good luck to all in the draw.

Grizzly Hunter

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom