What to do with elk ivories???

muleyhunter413

I have two pretty ivories from my bull this year, and I am wondering what to do with them. I was thinking about having a ring made. Anybody know someone who does that?
What has everyone done with their ivories? Would love to see some pics of jewelry ect...

set of earrings for the wife
3693hpim1642.jpg

Patch knife for me
8616hpim1644.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-10 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]Congrats on your hunt. Try Bill Coffey in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Bill is a goldsmith and he does excellent work at reasonable prices. I've had a number of items made by him for wife and myself, including a gold with elk ivory wedding band for myself.
You can Google him, or try www.billcoffeygoldsmith.com. He has many rings, necklaces, and earrings on his website that give a guy a good idea of what his work looks like, and the styles he has to offer. He works very quickly and is really good at doing repair work or routine cleaning, maintenance, etc. should you ever want or need that. Bill is a good egg, honest, easy to work with, and a very skilled craftsman to boot...

I have used Mel Anderson a couple of times. I had my pendant done with silver and no scrimshaw. I just went to his home there in Cedaredge, Co. Give him a call.

http://scratchyhand.com/

Before you die.....Take time to live

I put them in my pocket to polish them up. I lose the first one normally in a week or so, and the second shortly there after.
I still have a pile of them in a jar.

I have seen them sold on ebay as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom