What type of recoil pad?

MEANTTOBBUCK

My father is 85 with a pacemaker in his right side. He was recently told by his cardiologist that if he could find a recoil pad that would take away a good amount of the recoil then he could shoot right handed. We tried left hand and even bought a savage striker to avoid the recoil.
I was wondering if you guys could help me in what I should get for him. Do they make a shooting sled that could be used to shoot an elk from a ground blind?

I have a .375 H&H and put a Kick-EZE on it. It tames that beast down quite a bit. My Bro has a .416 Rigby and he did the same. Check them out.

if he wont be carying the gun on long hikes you could add a weight in the stock. A company also make stocks for guns. I think its called knoxx recoil reducing stocks. as to suggestions of simbs they are the best pad available.

+1 Sims. It made me a much better shot...

One downside is the screw holes didn't line up exactly right and were close enough to the edge I was worried about cracking the stock, but so far so good.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

Get a High Viz pad.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Well...........trap and skeet shooters, who take more recoil in a weekend, than most rifle hunters do in a lifetime use "Limbsaver".

I have installed several for trapshooters and I absolutely do not believe there is a better one on the market.

I put one on my Model 12 and it is great!

I guess that is why the are so many options and opinions......

I have a 300 RUM and I had to tame her down a little now she purrssssss but she can still be feisty. Ditto what REDDOG said.

Having shot numerous different ones the Simms Limbsaver and the Pachmayer Decellerator are in a class by themselves. Either one will reduce felt recoil by 40% or so. C.C.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom