What was he thinkin' (pics)

kilowatt

41bf88c4561681ec.jpg

41bf890756c761e6.jpg

41bf8947579b4a49.jpg

41bf8989586b3236.jpg

Unless that series came from three different cameras or trail cams I call BS.

Mike
at235.gif

WOW

THESE PICTURES ARE GETTING BETTER BY THE DAY!!!

WHICH ONE IS Cass AND WHICH ONE IS OH-OH???(NO OFFENSE!!!)

PLEASE SEND ME SOME MORE,I WANT EM AS OUTRAGEOUS AS THEY MAKE EM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR MORE PIC'S!!!

Looks pretty real to me. Plus, you can see how the fight must have lasted a while since they move to the left and back. Looks like he's rut crazed but upon closer inspection, he's in velvet. Kewl.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

well i dont know squat about doctoring up pics but in the first pic the deer and the bears reflections are clear in the water. but i have no idea if that makes them real or not anyways cool pics.

later
geoff

What seems weird to me is that #'s 1, 2 & 3 look to be taken from different locations, while 4 looks to be from the same vantage as 1.
HB

That is pretty cool, You got to think there are some stupid aninmals out there some where so it could be posssible.
Curtis

What was he thinking, well it looks like the typical young whipper snapper had a bigger pair of brass "you know what" then he had brains.

RELH

Thats about as smart as some bobcat dude trying to pick a fight with Cass.

-Bobcat

I dont know about rut crazed..he looks like he is in velvet. Man, those are pretty impressive pictures if they are real..they look like they came from video...brian, did these get email to you?
Later, Brandon

I received these pictures in an e-mail and then had to re-size them to upload here under MM's new program. It is just the way I received them, have nothing to do with altering pictures and don't even know how.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that Buck look like a Whitetail? The buck seems like he is taking on a young Bear to me, but still met his match finally IF these are true pictures.
The pictures were forwarded at least three times from what I could make of the e-mail addresses.
Just thought it was worth looking at.

Brian

At the risk of propagating another internet urban legend, this is what I know. I received these pics earlier this year. The story I got was that the deer was injured and the bear was attempting to get a little dinner. The pics were never said to come from a trail camera. If memory serves, the pics allegedly were taken on a golf course by an on-looker.

'It's all about the gut pile'

Just another example of the inferior mind of the whitetail. Please note that we have no pics of a mule deer that stupid. And the gettin hit by a car excuse - hah - it must have come from the boys on the tree stand/corn flinger website.

RE: What was he thinking' (pics)

I guess that settles it once & for all,
Cass in a bear suit puts the WWF smack-down on, O-O in the whitey suit, Cass however had an unfair advantage since his tool box is laying their on the bank in the grass, probably used the tire iron.

Come on guys the deer was in the water the bear was on higher ground, that is so not fair!!!!!! Recount!!!!
Curtis

B_F_E,

I think you are onto something, now we know what happened to that USB Cable, Cass stole it from Double O.

Brian

I am normally the first to scream "foul" on a hoaxed photo. I tore this series of photos apart with some of the best software available. Looking at these photos pixel by pixel enlarged to 1500 percent and running a color analysis on each pixel a enhancement would most likely show. They are scans of probably some older photo's, maybe even from a instamatic camera. But this bear deer confrontation took place and some lucky soul was there with a camera and archived the incident. Or at least that's my opinion. These are much like the cat/mule series, although there is nothing that would make be believe the cat was alive before the mule got a hold of it. I think the mule was just confirming the cat was dead after whom ever had shot it brought the cat with in reach of the mule. I have been to a couple of bear parks where you pay a few bucks to drive through and see the bears. It could be this was a captive bear and the deer had jumped a fence. Some one may have followed it around with a camera knowing some sort of incident was sure to happen, but that's total speculation on my part. It also would not discount the validity of the confrontation. The deer does not appear to be dead in the last frame, so he may have fled the fight after all.
I have seen a few oddities in nature myself while out and about. I once saw a cow elk on a steep snow slide milling about feeding and just up and fell down and busted her ass. She rolled over a hundred yards down the slide. When she got up she was limping horribly as she left. As far as enhancing photos goes I have taken notice of a couple photos of deer posted here that have been re-touched. The adding of weight and length to those tines is rather easily detected. You gotta watch it when you do that or some jerk like me with nothing to do all day might tear your photo apart and expose your antics one day in open forum.
Thanks for the post KW, it's truly an interesting series.

~Jeff~

Yup, added weight and tine length on pictures is FOUL PLAY!! I would expose it if it were me. Many of these huge bucks and bulls are hard to find and when a true hog is photographed, it says a lot about the photographer too. My sincere appreciation goes out to those that continuously find and photograph these fine animals in their natural environment.

Doctoring up a photo to make an animal more than it is just shows how people think we are stupid. We appreciate a lot of the photos even if the animals aren't huge. Post em up in their natural state!! Enhancing the colors, contrast, etc is fine though, many times improving the overall picture.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

The only reason I called BS on this to begin with and still stand by that original call is that there are three different angles that this series was shot from. How the heck is a person going to sneak around a pond in the amount of time this confrontation would have taken and get those photos without alerting the deer or the bear?

Mike
at235.gif

Is it possible for a couple of friends/hunters being there at the same time and getting these pictures? Don't know the answer just passed these along for viewing, but good point was made by Dakota and who really knows for sure if these are "real".

Brian

All I can say is that black bears are and always will be predators. In BC, they kill way more deer than any coyote could.
I know an old timer that has some incredible photos of a grizzly taking down a moose that he took many years ago. Said he watched the whole process unfold in front of him for over 2 hours. I'm sure if you guys saw the photos you'd cry Foul on them too. I guess that is how everyone is nowadays.
069729.gif

Yes there is no real way to tell what all has taken place here. I must admit the photographer would have had to have been busy with moving about while he took these. It's hard to tell just how big that water hole might have been. I just had a friend over and I had printed this series out and he was looking them over. He?s a rather accomplished photographer. All he really had to say is the three of the photos were taken with ectachrome 35mm slide film and one was not. He says he can tell by the unique tint characteristics. This is getting well beyond my understandings of photography. He took the last photo in the series home with him, he says he can get it back into focus with a program he has on his computer. If it turns out I will redo my copy of this and repost it in the photo forum here if any of you would be interested in printing it. I had to down size and compress the crap out of this copy to post. If you have imaging software that will up-sample for you, take this back to about 2100x5400 @ 300dpi. That will give you about a 7x18.5 inch print. I ran a copy off on my 13x19 wide-bed printer and it looks rather nice. You can do it in two parts on a standard printer.

deer_bear.jpg

I don't know if the photographer moved or not...but the deer and bear appear to have moved. Look at the brush and trees immediately behind them, and the grass on the bank...they are not in the same place for each photo.

Taqukaq, thats a pretty big accusation. There are only a few that post pics on this site enough to be known for posting pics. I think you should reveal those persons posting pics that are adding tine length to the pictures. I would love to see the pics for myself (or the proof for that matter). The people that come to my mind for posting alot of pics are accomplished photographers. I dont think throwing an accusation like that out there gives people who are honest, credibility. There are a number of people on this site who in no way would add tine length to a picture..I think that accusations like that would make someone with a good reputation stop posting pictures to avoid the select few who accuse their pictures of being enhanced. "Shed" some light on this for me, will you? And naming polarbear doesnt count. :)
Later, Brandon

I just looked for something in each picture that might be the same, here is what I see.
Pic 1,3&4 have the same two larger trees right there and a smaller tree between them. Also there is the same "root sort of tree" in the left by the left larger tree.
Pic 2 is taken from a different angle so you can not see any of these three trees and the "root stump or whatever it is".

In 1,3&4 look where the two of them are at in reference to these three trees, looks like they "fight going left and then coming back to the right" and Deer down over to the right of the largest tree in the back.

My 2.5 cents worth of observation.

Brian

I'm pretty sure I seen those pics posted on some sort of AZ hunting forum from a link provided at another site....I think the battle lasted something like almost 30 mins from the guy that took the pics and that they tried to spook the bear off but payed no attention. If its the same set of pics, there were several passer buys that observed it also as it was right off a main road.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom