What were you doing 50 years ago today?

264mag

Long Time Member
I remember playing on the playground at school and watching the Teacher crying. Later that day a friend and I witnessed 2 College girls ripping our School flag down and stepping on it,afther telling our teacher about what we had seen we were questioned by the FBI, I will always remember that day.

Sitting in English class.....a junior in High School.

At the time, other than the reactions of the people around me, it didn't really mean all that much.

I was a ranch kid and the attitude around my people was, "should not have elected that Catholic bootlegger in the first place".

Those days set the tone for political opinions among school mates that persist to this day. The pothead Hippies, loved Kennedy then and the same pothead Hippies love Obama now.

I despise those Democrats......and just about every President and Governor they have elected over the last 50 years.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

I remember the times very well. I'd just had my 10th birthday.
I won't go so far as to say my dad was happy about it... but he sure wasn't sad either.
It never had the impact on me that it did on others. Sad someone was killed but it really didn't matter.
Zeke

I was a freshman in High School. They made an announcement over the intercom that school was dismissed early. COOL!!!

Eel

I was in my fifth grade class when the teacher got a call on her phone. She walked over and turned a radio on and we listened for the next hour. Then we were sent home early.

Recess. 5th grade. It was snowing, and we all were throwing snowballs at the soccer ball-pretending it was Kennedy's head!!What a bunch of sickos!! Sent home early that day.

I also remember a couple days later when Ruby shot Oswald. We were watching it on TV when it happened.

>I remember the times very well.
>I'd just had my 10th
>birthday.
>I won't go so far as
>to say my dad was
>happy about it... but he
>sure wasn't sad either.
>It never had the impact on
>me that it did on
>others. Sad someone was killed
>but it really didn't matter.
>
>Zeke
Yea it was sad, but sadder when the drunken blowhard belligerent SOB that took his place.

I also was in the 5th grade. Our Teacher got buzzed, she picked up the phone and soon started crying. She told us that our President had been shot, it didn't look good for him, and sent us home.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Its awesome you guys are listing yourselves as the newest dinosaurs... LOL
I was still 15 years away from even being a thought yet... :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>What a bunch of old farts.LOL
>

Exactly what I was going to say!!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I was still swimming in my dad's.........ah never mind, I won't go there.

I'm suprised to find out that news traveled so fast back then....I thought you had to wait for the pony express or that telegraph deal.

I was 11 years old. I think I was in shop class when they announced over the intercom that the President had been shot.

I remember one girl at church the following Sunday shouting WOOHOO! I hate that b!tch to this day.

A 46 year old Father - war hero - Senator - President had just been murdered. What kind of sick scum could celebrate that?

I don't give a crap what your politics are. We are still Americans and we honor our fallen.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

You are all young pups...LOL I remember that day well, I was at our family friends ranch outside of town working. I was 3 months away from going into the Army at almost 22 y.o.
The 2 owners of the prune ranch and I were turning over the dried prunes so they did not get mole in them while waiting for a good price to sell to Sunsweet Packing. Glenn's wife May came running out saying that Kennedy was just shot in the head in Texas. We stopped shoveling and went in the house to watch the news on the TV. Went back out to finish our shoveling within 1/2 hr. Guess that will always stay in my head what I was dong that day.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I was just getting into Grand Junction Colo. with my mom and dad going mule deer hunting. We went into I think it was called Gay Johnson's had a piece of pie and coffee watched the news on t.v. Couple of days later killed a 19 pt. mule deer.

>I was 11 years old. I
>think I was in shop
>class when they announced over
>the intercom that the President
>had been shot.
>
>I remember one girl at church
>the following Sunday shouting WOOHOO!
>I hate that b!tch to
>this day.
>
>A 46 year old Father -
>war hero - Senator -
>President had just been murdered.
>What kind of sick scum
>could celebrate that?
>
>I don't give a crap what
>your politics are. We are
>still Americans and we honor
>our fallen.
>
>Slick
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

Yup, what he said.

I was nursing.....,

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

I was 9 years old and was with my mom sluffing school Christmas shopping with her. We watched the TV in one of the stores along with lots of other people and everyone was shocked.
Slick your post was right on the money, I don't care what your political association was no one should be happy or celebrate when our president is assassinated, I know no one in our family was celebrating. It was a sad day for America no matter how you try to spin it.

ZIGGER says I was nursing.....,

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Think he is still trying to find one to suckle...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I was in the first grade, we got sent home from school early. Other than that there was a real somber mood at school and on the bus.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom