Red dot, 1x, or open sights

• Red dot

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 1x scope

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Open sights

Votes: 44 50.6%

• Total voters
I heard the unanimous vote was for no scopes .....or was I told wrong?

Iron sights might be the order of the day for the front-stuffers.

Zeke

I heard the unanimous vote was for no scopes .....or was I told wrong?

Iron sights might be the order of the day for the front-stuffers.

Zeke

You were told wrong. The motion that passed unanimously will allow 1x scopes and red dot scopes. Essentially taking the regulations back to pre-2016.

Remember back in 2015 when people still made clean, ethical kills with muzzleloaders before they were allowed to throw a 4x16 power scope on one?

I think the Gun Werks sight maybe the better set up ! It cost more then my current muzzle loader scope but oh well.

You were told wrong. The motion that passed unanimously will allow 1x scopes and red dot scopes. Essentially taking the regulations back to pre-2016.

Remember back in 2015 when people still made clean, ethical kills with muzzleloaders before they were allowed to throw a 4x16 power scope on one?
Ya, but we had a lot less kids🙄🙄(sometimes you think you've heard it all)

I think I will keep it to myself what I will be using. I don’t want to give certain people something to put on the agenda for next November. I will play by the rules. Maybe I will even step back a few yards a go for a personal best next year. Not much will change. The changes are getting expensive though.

I designed what I’d say is the best fiber optic globe sight there is, so I feel obliged to use it. On the other hand I do have a new nightforce 1x sitting on the shelf, I picked up just incase this day came 🤔
IMG_8417.jpeg

You'll survive. Open sights worked for a couple hundred years.
Not a problem. I'll deal with it. I've never felt like I was being victimized by any weapon restriction.

All I ask is you acknowledge the results in a few years.

What does success look like to you?

Not a problem. I'll deal with it. I've never felt like I was being victimized by any weapon restriction.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I'm hoping not using quantum computing to do no miss shooting.?

I'm hoping no firing "muzzleloaders" that use nano tech, and guided projectiles.

Hoping AI systems don't replace human eye for targeting.

I know what no scopes did or didn't do, there's history to show.

You, and guys like you were/ are fighting last decades battles.

You are either naive or willfully blind to look at the landscape that exists with tech TODAY, and not see that none of it leads to prolonging hunting.

Rifle hunting is going to have to go away either entirely, or be severely limited in the near future would be my guess We have become to efficient at killing.

2X POWER MAX ON SCOPES!

NO TURRETS ON THE 2 X SCOPES!

NO ELECTRONICS BUILT IN TO SCOPES!

ABSOLUTELY NO RANGEFINDERS!

NO RANGEFINDING BUILT IN TO SCOPES OR BINO'S!

LET'S GO MONOCULARS ONLY, NO BINO'S!

ABSOLUTELY NO MUZZLE BREAKS/SUPPRESSORS!

AND OF COURSE NO CANS!

ABSOLUTELY NO HIGH TECH CUSTOM TRIGGERS!

NO CUSTOM JEWELED ACTIONS!

NO CUSTOM PUSS PADS/CUSTOM BUTT PADS!

STRAIGHT WALLED CARTRIDGES ONLY!

ALL THEM ELECTRONIC GADGETS THAT COINCIDE WITH YOUR CURRENT RIFLE WILL BE OUT-LAWED,YOU WON"T HAVE GUN ENOUGH TO EVEN NEED IT!

REMEMBER:

It Wasn't Me That Stirred This Shhitt Up On The SmokePoles!

And Sometimes PAYBACK Can Be A REAL BITTCH!

Using open sights, you crazy!
But what about the children?!!!

What results are you wanting or expecting or think will happen with this change? Are you thinking that the WB thinks this will help the deer herd or elk herd or antelope?

This has nothing to do with that. And for the record, I think they need to draw a line that is bigger in the sand for rifles and scopes. More than just the electronics. And yes, that did affect me. I have 3 BDX scopes. I am in the process of replacing them. Although 1 of my older rifle scopes I can dial it over 1000 yards. My BDX is maxed out at 800 yards.

Was I/We Not Told These Changes Are Not To Grow More Deer?
I never heard that this was to grow more deer. Except from people that did not know what they were talking about. This is about tech and it needs to go further down the road with all weapons. We are too good with our weapons. The tech that has come in the last 10 years or 20 years blows my mind. And think about where it could go!

What does the success look like?
Well, if we’re going off the data. I would say it would only be 2.5% drop in harvest.

It’s going to be real interesting to see true data on this mandatory harvest survey though.

For the Love of All that is holy, we all know these changes will not grow the deer herd. However, people are not complaining that they're not seeing deer they're complaining they're not seeing any mature bucks. Yes I know growing the herd will also grow mature bucks but at these changes are supposed to offer more opportunity while having more mature bucks on the landscape. For crying out loud I don't see hunters saying I'm pissed because I didn't see a doe with fawns today.

I too I'm all about doing whatever we can to grow the deer herd.

I'm okay with the change. Now I need to buy another hunting rifle for my kids so I can put my 3-9 muzzleloader scope to use.

I bought a CVA two years ago with open sights, and I put a scope on it. Now, back to the open sights. I've never shot past 200 yards with a scope. So, open sights will be fine by me.

Honestly, I'm hoping this helps my draw odds. Especially, for LE elk (22 points in hand).

For the Love of All that is holy, we all know these changes will not grow the deer herd. However, people are not complaining that they're not seeing deer they're complaining they're not seeing any mature bucks. Yes I know growing the herd will also grow mature bucks but at these changes are supposed to offer more opportunity while having more mature bucks on the landscape. For crying out loud I don't see hunters saying I'm pissed because I didn't see a doe with fawns today.

I too I'm all about doing whatever we can to grow the deer herd.
If that's the reason everybody wants scopes and other technology banned so we'll have more big bucks.. Here's a hint..quit killing yearlings and two year olds.. I guarantee ya that will put a bunch of big bucks on the landscape and we wouldn't have to go through all this other nonsense...

Yeah, but it’s not going to show any data on the scopes that are coming off. Knowing magnified scope’s coming off was a real possibility 3 years ago they should have started mandatory harvest surveys then. Major failure in my opinoon.
You’re right it’s not going to. It’s never been about the Data for me anyways.
I only said what I said, because Data supposedly doesn’t back up removing scopes.
This absolutely has nothing to do with growing a herd this has everything to do with keeping muzzleloaders in check.

You’re right it’s not going to. It’s never been about the Data for me anyways.
I only said what I said, because Data supposedly doesn’t back up removing scopes.
This absolutely has nothing to do with growing a herd this has everything to do with keeping muzzleloaders in check.
I understand that. I just think it would have been useful and easy information to gather on a controversial subject.

2X POWER MAX ON SCOPES!

NO TURRETS ON THE 2 X SCOPES!

NO ELECTRONICS BUILT IN TO SCOPES!

ABSOLUTELY NO RANGEFINDERS!

NO RANGEFINDING BUILT IN TO SCOPES OR BINO'S!

LET'S GO MONOCULARS ONLY, NO BINO'S!

ABSOLUTELY NO MUZZLE BREAKS/SUPPRESSORS!

AND OF COURSE NO CANS!

ABSOLUTELY NO HIGH TECH CUSTOM TRIGGERS!

NO CUSTOM JEWELED ACTIONS!

NO CUSTOM PUSS PADS/CUSTOM BUTT PADS!

STRAIGHT WALLED CARTRIDGES ONLY!

ALL THEM ELECTRONIC GADGETS THAT COINCIDE WITH YOUR CURRENT RIFLE WILL BE OUT-LAWED,YOU WON"T HAVE GUN ENOUGH TO EVEN NEED IT!

REMEMBER:

It Wasn't Me That Stirred This Shhitt Up On The SmokePoles!

And Sometimes PAYBACK Can Be A REAL BITTCH!
I like it!

Except most, including yourself don’t consider the DWR’s current program “real data”.
You’re absolutely correct. The only real data they have is LE data and Antlerless data.
Will see how accurate they are come next year. It will be interesting.

Thats what I was meaning how accurate are they.

It'll Never Be 100% True!

Be A Bunch Of Them Lieing About Harvests In Hopes Of Getting More Tags Issued,Right Hossy?

No Hossy!

I'm Not Calling You A Liar!

I'm SPEWING The Truth!

But It Should Be Way More Accurate Than Anything We've Had Forever!

How Long Did This Little Step Take?

What does the success look like?
Well, if we’re going off the data. I would say it would only be 2.5% drop in harvest.

It’s going to be real interesting to see true data on this mandatory harvest survey though.

Be A Bunch Of Them Lieing About Harvests In Hopes Of Getting More Tags Issued,Right Hossy?

No Hossy!

I'm SPEWING The Truth!

All the complaining that you do. I think you could have saved 4 western states by now on deer.
You could have planted a lot of habitat and built a lot of highway fences.

That would take you from 49 problems down to just 2.

I've Planted!

Never Got In On Any Highway Fencing But We Damn Sure Need Some Around Here!

All the complaining that you do. I think you could have saved 4 western states by now on deer.
You could have planted a lot of habitat and built a lot of highway fences.

That would take you from 49 problems down to just 2.

No Hossy!

I'm SPEWING The Truth!

Utards will always utard.

Oh I've Got A Bigger List!

Not Many People Like It Though,Right Niller?

Evidentally You've Never Studied HELL-RIGHT?

Okay elkassassin let’s do a count.
#1 bait
#2 trail cameras
#3 muzzleloader scopes
#4 160,000 tags where cut

Looks like to me your good 👍.you need a bigger list.

As I was scrolling down I saw that, my first thought was founder was out of town if he's letting these adds in again🤣🤣🤣🤣
It definitely helping with the noise but the recoil is still the same

Elk my wife picked it out :) should be here by Saturday, just in time for the weekend

Not sure. Never had a scope of any kind on my Muzzys. So it ain’t broke…..however my eyes are seeing 2 front sights now, so 1x scope seems a good choice.

I have a 1x vortex with a 1 MOA red dot currently on an AR. May use that.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom