What would draw wildlife

HuntinFoo

I am wanting to draw some wildlife on too my dads property. I thought I would sprinkle some alfalfa seed on the ground, what else could I just through on the ground, that might help. It is in Utah about 7500 feet, I dont want to put too much money or effort into it. Just something that can be sprinkled on top of the ground, dosnt need to be watered will grow at that elevation, and of course, draw in some deer and elk. Does anyone know what all they seed new burns with that might be good.

CHUMMING HUH???

COME LATE FALL IF YOU CAN KEEP IT GREEN ALOT OF STUFF WILL WORK!!!

AS GREEN AS IT IS RIGHT NOW I DON'T THINK THEY'LL COME A RUNNING!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

No not realy Chumming, it is a small piece of property on a limited etry unit, not big enough to realy hunt, and I may only get a tag or two in my life. We just want to see more wildlife when we are up their, because their are quality animas on the unit and we never see them on our property. As for the apple trees do you think they would even grow at that elevation. If they do I would bet 99% of the time a late frost would kill the buds, and it would never even produce any apples, anyone know otherwise?

Alfalfa hay is probly the way to go as long as it gets enough moisture it should be ok... i know it brings them in on the ranch can't keep them off of it. once you get it to come in you shouldn't have to mess with it again

Set out a couple bales of hay every week and before you know it you will have some animals coming in.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-09 AT 07:40AM (MST)[p]BoneJunkie and LESGO54, that's actually a good idea.

However, I know a few people here in Kali who have done that. It does draw the deer to their place. The problem was, it also drew the mountain lions to the deer. Alfalfa bales turned out to be great ambush sites for lions. So it turned out to be feeding the cats instead of the deer. Kali is infested with lions, with no control to speak of. Not so much an issue in Utah.

Eel

Basoski #2 Select Russian Wild Rye...
Depending on when you want them in there... As soon as the snow flies this will bring them in, it is made for harsh climates, and is PERFECT for Utah. It was released 2 years ago. The BLM buys it for burns, and we happen to be growers.

Here is a bit more info and some pics, just click on the link:
http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=13524&forum=DCForumID5&archive=yes

Send me a PM if you want some more info...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

no matter what you use to draw Deer or elk to your property, you probably wont deter the predators. Deer and Elk feed on alphalfa, and Lions feed on them, they will fallow them wherever they go
Lambo

Im not too worried about the lions and bears, they will find the deer and elk anyway. That just gives me more wildlife to watch, that would be cool to see a bear and lion once in a while. Its all part of the cycle (as long as they leave the big boys alone).

Rape will grow in gravel or in a swamp. Just make sure to take a weed eater to it before it seeds out or it will die out.

Everyone that sent me a PM, check your inbox...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom