What's everyones top two units

BillyBoB

Now that the state has gone to all the small units for 2012, I'm wondering what everyone's top two units come to mind that interest you for hunting in 2012? How many units are there? I know the application time is coming fast and will be here before we know it.

Also, I wish we knew the number of tags per unit BEFORE we apply. I think they will be announcing the number of tags per unit in May.

Let's see your picks:

Not really sure what direction to go ? Hows the weather going to be next year ? Early winter? Hot and dry ? There are so many units now in the same southern area we use to hunt and move around in . Are the bucks going to be up high or down low ? So many question ? But one thing for sure I will get my first choice ;-)

Do I want to do my bow deer in a unit that gives me a good chance at a bull elk too???

Or do I want to do my deer unit that gives me a good chance at a good muley and not an elk-----take a different bow elk vacation week??

Or what?

Robb

Box Elder, all the selenium in and around the salt flats = more and bigger deer.

Well I stick to rifle hunting and sometimes muzzle loading but I live in Northern Utah and have a few units that I have worn my boots out in. So I'll be staying in familiar territory. My oldest son will have his first tag this year as well.

My picks in no particular order are:

Unit#1 Box Elder: Shot my first deer in this unit. I've seen some monsters while scouting but they seem to elude me once the season begins. My first deer was a 2X3 20 inches wide. Lots of orange in this unit.

Unit#2 Cache: Crowded but I still find the deer, just haven't been able to seal the deal. I hunted in this unit my first year hunting.

Unit#3 Ogden: It's close to home and I've had my most funnest hunting memories in this unit. This unit is crowded as well.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom