What's Wrong with this...Non-Res & Tags

EROCK1313

I'm not sure if I am reading this correctly or if this has been posted before (sorry if it has been posted); but I just noticed this today after reading the "Application Over So..?" thread and one MMer - "Marley," has applied for numerous OIL tags for 2k10. This promted me to do a little research over the sections (Non-Res) that I normally pass over in my pursuit to practially memorize all the Resident Sections of the BIG GAME Guide Book.

Here is an exerpt from the BIG GAME Guidebook:

"Nonresidents
If you're a nonresident, you may apply for permits or bonus points..... "FOR ALL"..... limited-entry and once-in-a-lifetime species. However, you may
not apply for a permit and a bonus point for the same species.
Please remember that you may draw only one limited-entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit each year."

As Residents, we are only aloud to apply for 1 species of Limited/Premium and 1 species of OIL and a General Deer in any given year. How in the world is this fair compared to the Non-Residents??? A Non-Resident can get Bonus Points for ALL of these species in the same year, but I have to choose which one I want to sacrifice a point for to get another for a different species?

I want to apply for a Limited/Premium Elk and ALL OIL, but can't unless I want to dwindle my Henry's Deer chances every year or if I wanna give up some Moose Points there by increasing odds for one species while decreasing it for one of my other choices. A Non-Res can increase his odds on ALL SPECIES every year until he gets high enough points and then conceiveably draw a OIL year after year for a chance to hunt every OIL in the state. I will probably never get a chance at hunting more than 2 OIL and may never get a chance at a Premium Elk!!!!

Am I just reading this wrong or does our system seriously just screw us Residents in favor of more $$$$ from the Non-Res and better chances for them to gain Bonus Points for EVERYTHING?

?-ERock-> ?

They sure can. Its a money thing for the State. They changed the rules to allow non res to put in for all of the OIL tags.

I think it sucks bigtime, but I dont know that I want to have to apply for everything at once as a resident or get stuck in the point creep problem either.

respect my authorita

not as rosy as it sounds the odds were bad before now they are almost impossible. the old way a guy had a chance if you rode it out 20+ years now you could throw in your entire life and not crack one. may be save the application fee buy one of the hundreds of auction tags one time and call it good.

Ya take a look at what happened to the Non-Res odd for everything they exploded now you may never get to the top of any points ladder unless you are already had points for a species. At least with the Res system you can pick a species and stick with it until you draw.

But on the plus side for non res you have a real long shot at drawing a random tag for every species.

Good Points!

So as with this situation not letting us possibly draw in our entire lifetimes, maybe they should allow some sort of "Inheritence Rule" where either by Choice or Death, be allowed to donate your points to your children only(other family members cannot receive these). Because at this rate, our children will never even have a chance at a Once-in-a-Generation Hunt.

?-ERock-> ?

Im a nonresident, I wish we could trade with you residents, the odds for everything now suck because of that. Go ahead and study last years odds with the years before for the nonresidents, then tell me how you feel?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom