When is TOO much... TOO much ?!?!

M

Moosie

When do you know that your Backpack is too big ?!?!?
I'm on the Left... Is it too much for a 4 day trip /!?!

group2.sized.jpg

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Holy cow....you got everything but the kitchen sink...oh wait, there it is up near the top.....in my own humble opinion....too much stuff!!

Whaddya have a fifth wheel plate mouted in your back or what ya freak.......lmao

Mike
at235.gif

I hope that most of that bulk up top is from a large foam pad. How much did your pack weigh?

I would have a groin pull for sure. guess the words "you cant take it with you" dont apply. Great pic moosie

Looks like if you ever go backpack hunting with me I won't have to carry anything but my gun, the hammock and the little TV.

You know that they have things called HORSES for that. Heeheee.. Dude, you pack like my wife. Heeeeheeeheee..
Eric

fart.gif

Bird-01.gif

Walk the talk I always say :)

It actually wasn't that bad. I won't throw out a Weight because every Tom, #####, and Harry says their Backpack is "100-150#'s" which is A bunch of Bullchit :)

I actualy packed alot of light stuff. I have a Pocket rocket (camp stove), Titanium pot, and all light weight stuff.. Hell, I probably had over $4,500 worth of High end light weight / compact stuff with me :) It is an Elusive picture actualy. I wanted a frame Day pack and I threw my Jacket in ther and Strapped it on the back on my Kelty 6,500 cube inch pack. The easiest way to achieve this was to strap it high. and Grant it I brough it the FULL 3 man 4 season Sierra Design tent which is 2# 4 oz heavier then the MSR Zoid 2 I usually pack, but this was a Comfort trip.

The trip was a short trip this time and Not over extreem country like I usually hunt/hike. down a closed logging road and over a few "BREAKS". We hunted Unit 39 here locally and saw a few Critters... Nothing I wanted to pack out though.. And not like I had room anyways ,,, Hehe.

Sampson, I offered to pack Dingers deer out for him but he wanted to Play tough guy so I let him.

RutCrazed.. THE bear comment hurt man ... (Snicker Snicker) :)

ANYONE for a Tough Man compitition ?!?! I don't do bad for a Fat boy eh ? Buuuahahah !!

I do have to say this trip last month with this pack was alot funner :

57_G.sized.jpg

I can Actually do a 5 day trip with a 30 # pack... but then that wouldn't be fun, I'd have to fill it with rocks to make it challenging !!!!!

• [*] -Moosie

Were you able to get away from the blaze orange crowds. From what I have heard unit 39 has more than its share of hunters. I have always hunted the east side of the state so I don't have any first hand knowledge of the hunting pressure over there though.

Moosie long time no talk......so how is your season fairing so far...mine is alright.........i got a nice buck and missed my elk and been to stubborn to hunt my bear bait so my buddy shot the bear hitting the site......well atleast u got a nice moose man o man i cant wait till 05 when i go there......well have fun and be safe going to fill my clearwater tag i drew this weekend

BrianID, there are Spots in Unit 39 that NOONE ever goes... So the answer is yes.. we got away from the crowd.. Just a liitle :)

Bucksnort.. It also Makes me wanna go back :)

Dwain... Season Has been Good.. Slaying the Ducks/geese. Got a Spring Bear with the bow. Went to AK and got a Moose and Bou, elk are thick deer are thick... Here is a link to my '03 thus far..

http://www.huntandlodge.com/gallery/2003

Good luck in the Clearwater !!!! Keep me posted !!

• [*] -Moosie

Great Pic's. I lived in Idaho for many years. Hunted 39 lots of times. We've taken some good bulls and great late season bucks. If your interested in ducks had a blind on Snake near Big Bend and have not use for many years since moving to Utah.Shoot me an email and I'll give you details. [email protected]

"If your interested in ducks "

Buuuahahah .. roumor has it I do a little bit of duck/.goose hunting :) (You got mail bud).

• [*] -Moosie

Oh man moosie! Those pictures of Alaska are something. Looks like you guys had a blast. One day i'll be doing the same thing I dont see it happening for a few years. Cool pics.

later, M_P

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom