When will I draw

buttshot

Very Active Member
I put in for the Manti with 12 points on bull elk. What are my chances of drawing this year and if I continue to do the same thing every year from now until I draw, how many years before I draw?
I also have 15 bull moose points and have been putting in for the Wasatch front, assuming I do the same thing here on out, when will I draw?
I am starting to feel the years taking effect on my body, don't move like an elastic anymore.

buttshot,
On the early rifle Manti there are 192 applicants ahead of you or in your point pool after the drawing last year.

If no one else jumps in front, and the F&G continues to give 67 bonus tags, you should be guaranteed a tag in 2.86 years.

It's unrealistic to think that a few guys won't jump in front of you with more points (creep) and there will be a few guy in your pool and ahead of you who will draw a random tag, so....

My best guess would be, you'll have the tag WITHIN 3-4 years providing you stay the course. But it could happen any time!

Good luck,
Zeke

>Nice , I can wait 3
>more years. May not be
>able to walk very good,
>but the Manti has plenty
>of access.

Don't get Crippled up yet buttshot!

We gotta Live long enough t Pull a Tag!

Just Think!

By Then We might be Huntin Trophy PISSCUTTER 250" Bulls!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Grew up on the Manti, wathced the elk take over from the muley's. Now the homosapiens are takin over the elk.!?#$$$%@

So, if I am lucky enough to draw one of the Expo elk tags or moose tags or bison tags, what does that do to my bonus tags that I have been crazy enough to build up?

>So, if I am lucky enough
>to draw one of the
>Expo elk tags or moose
>tags or bison tags, what
>does that do to my
>bonus tags that I have
>been crazy enough to build
>up?

"Bonus points are not affected by your application for Hunting Expo tags. You can apply for all available permits at the Hunting Expo and your points will not be affected even if you draw one or more of the Hunting Expo tags. This is awesome! And, all waiting periods are also waived. However, you will not earn bonus points when applying for these permits."

That's straight off the expo FAQ page. The other stipulation is that if you draw an expo tag for species A and a Utah draw tag for species A, you can only choose 1 tag.

So, if I draw a moose tag through the DWR draw and win a moose tag from the Expo raffle and choose the Expo tag, do I loose my OIL draw from the state? Would the Expo tag be considered my state OIL tag? Could I still apply for moose in the state draw?

I only apply for the Manti elk in the state draw. If I draw this tag and am lucky enough to draw the San Juan elk, do I choose between these two? If I choose the San Juan, does this require me to have the waiting period in the state draw? Or because they are different area LE tags , do I get to accept both?

If you draw an expo tag, it does not affect the hunts you put in for in the regular draw. You'll keep your points. The expo tag is a free tag.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom