Where/how do you carry?

sremim

Very Active Member
After reading all the interesting posts on the self defense thread, I thought I'd throw this question out there.

Where/how do you carry your concealed weapon? Where on your body do you hide it and how big of a gun do you carry?

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

I carry everywhere. I carry a Glock 26 in the waistband of my pants, in the back on my right side. I certainly dont think that everyone should not use a holster...it is not as secure. It works for me, and I can run/jog ect without it moving around or falling out. I usually dont carry and extra mag on me, but I always have a backpack with me that has 2 17 round mags in it.

I can wear any outfit and carry my 26 without any worry of it showing. I know its more dangerous without a holster, and I dont think most people should do it, but it works for me.

Kimber ultra .45, on my right hip, with a leather belt holster. I carry an extra clip when I have room in a pocket. And a S&W 357 in my truck between the seats.

kimber 45 in an IWB holster. or a hidden hammer S&W J frame 38 in my front pocket, with or without a pocket holster, depending on what i am wearing.

S&W .40 at about 3:30 on my right hip.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

49b2233828ef4a57.jpg

Just wondering how many of you are in law enforcement and how many simply have a carry license. I envy you guys that are able to carry legally. I have a couple bro-in-laws that are cops and one carries outside of work and the other doesn't. I think if I could, I'd at least carry a smaller piece just because you never know!

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-09 AT 11:42PM (MST)[p]I carry in my truck to and from work. I get plenty of threats in the jail. Most are under the influance. If i had a $$ for every time I have been told I would be killed,,, well I could hire a pretty damn good guide. Ya I work in the Jail..

Wiszard, I'm a cop. I had a concealed permit before I was a cop and still carried. How can you not legally carry?? You live in California?? And how is it being married to a gal with two brothers that are cops??? Thats pretty funny!

I have a carry permit but hardly ever carry. I've been saying I'm going to. I can't decide if my gun is too big and I should get something a bit smaller that would be more comfortable to carry. Although I've never really tried to carry it either so not sure how comfortable it would be. I have a Sig P239 .40 It is a smaller gun, but not as small as what is out there.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Having bro's that are cops is actually kinda nice. I've gotten out of many tickets by simply telling the officer that I'm on my way to so and so's house.....or cracking a joke about so and so. The officer will usually respond with a wise-crack about so and so and I'm on my way! It's beautiful. And fix it tickets? NEVER A PROBLEM!!

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]I don't carry as often as I should here in Phoenix. Usually, it's only when I know I'm going to a shady area, or out hunting. There's only been a couple times in the past few years that it would have eased my mind a bit to have it in city limits.
But, if I do have it, it's a Glock 30 in .45 tucked in my waistband on my back.....with 21 185+P HPs waitin to scream!

Wiszard thats funny! Sounds like a good system to not get tickets! I hardley ever give tickets anyway to anybody. Warning to everyone who is polite and honest and non criminal! Especially dudes with CCW's. or gals.

Anyone who wants to carry has to find a comfortable way to do it or you will start talking yourself out of it. I think a smaller gun is worth it if you carry it more. A small S&W .38 +P or a glock 26, or a CARP 9 is plenty and they're easy to carry tucked in a waistband or in a pocket, or an in the pants holster. Whatever you can safely do.

Bigger is better during a gun fight, but small and comfortable is better then nothing, and nothing is what most people usually have! When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away is the most accurate statement when you're about to become a victim.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 01:29PM (MST)[p]Not too sure who said it but they mentioned going for a run/jog with their gun in their waistband. Is that safe? I thought maybe wear a fanny pack or something like that or at least some type of holster. I don't know...

Steve

That was me and I should have been more clear....I don't go for a run or jog with a gun in my waistband. But it is secure enough for me to run a few steps(like quickly chase my son down) or jog across the street to avoid cars without moving or falling out. I don't think most people should do it, but it works for me.

I think running is the only time I don't have a gun close by. My plan is to run faster if I get in trouble. I do run carrying pepper spray in my left hand for dogs though.

Interesting point on the running.....I wouldn't think carrying would be very safe while going for a jog.

Nevertheless, I used to live in Southwest Phoenix, where there was a bunch of murders (Baseline Killer) in 2006. I ran one time with my Glock 30 at 4 a.m.....after that, I was wearing a knife...geeez that thing is heavy..!!

I just got done with Massad Ayoob's book The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry. Very good info.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

49b2233828ef4a57.jpg

I carry everywhere I am legally entitled to. Usually in a hip holster, sometimes SOB, sometimes fanny pack.

Kimber Polymer or USP most days.

Springfield XD45 Compact with the shorter 10-round magazine, a round in the chamber, and a spare 13-round mag in the holster, for 24 rounds total.

Holster is a DeSantis Pro Stealth and is carried at the 9 o'clock position.

I carry for a living and no way in hell would I carry a loaded Glock without a holster! Simply asking for trouble!....

Well I'm not asking for trouble....but it works for me. Like I said, most people shouldn't do it.

as far as where check with your states laws on where you can take a weapon on a ccw. as far as where on your person. i like a high rise holster. outside the belt, i wear it on my right side. if you want to go with something less visible maybe something that mounts on your belt but sits on the inside of your pants. I personally would not recommend not using a holster. I carry a .40, just remember that the only time your going to use your weapon is times of life and death. I don't want to wish I had a bigger caliber when that one time presents itself.

>does anyone use Milt Sparks holsters?
>worth the money?

I have the VM2 for my 45. It's an IWB, no problems so far.
Is it worth the money? I guess that would depend on what you're
looking for. I will say that it is well built, holds pistol firmly,
but tends to get a little hot. In Arizona everything gets hot tho.

Live by what Lt.Col. D.Grossman preaches and you cant go wrong!!!!

If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today. No one can be ?on? 24/7 for a lifetime. Everyone needs down time. But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... ?Baa.?

>this heer is a glock fowty!
>lol

I've watched that video at least 50 times times and still laugh my @$$ off! Best part is when he calls for the long gun and the kids are all like, "No, put it back" Funny chit right there!...

Good reminder JR...

I forgot about the DEA guy shooting himself....what a joke! Obviously his problem is not how he carries it, holster or not. He is just a DB all the way around. How bout if you're dumb enough to shoot yourself, you just make like a jackass and run out and go to the hospital, you don't try to continue your "gun safety" class....He's an embarrasment to the law enforcement profession....unbelievable he tried to bring out a long gun....good for the kids to tell him to stop!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom