where to buy optics ?????

H

hunterman67

hey all, I am wanting to buy a new pair of binoculars this week. I am looking for the best place to do so. please list anywhere/everywhere you all can think of to buy a pair of high end optics, websites prefered. you can also P.M. me if need be. any friends who sell them, guys you know who might give me a good deal instead of a bad deal, someone you bought from, etc. thanks alot !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

I buy all my optics from Adventure Outfitters. Ask for Jeff or Kip, great guy, does good business which is hard to find. Jeff is the owner, he is honest and fair. the best part is the prices, I bought a pair of Swaravoski 10x42 SLC from him for $850.00. I do all my optic business with him. He does not have a web site but he does advertise in Muley Crazy and I think Eastman's.

Adventure Outfitters
Ph# 1-888-935-4868 (hunt)

Good Luck

Any other questions please ask if i can help you I will do so gladly.

I bought my new Leica Rangefinder from Doug at Camera Land. He was excellent to work with and scored me a great deal. Give him a chance as he has built a solid reputation for terrific customer service.

What binos are you looking for?

FH

new mexicos new three point rule mostly. last year I had a buck MULE DEER at 5:35pm and I could see horns but not tell how many, and the deer was only 388 yards away in the shade. upon seeing if it was legal or not I put the binos and my gun down and got the spotting scope out, set it up, and looked at the deer through my ziess ats-65 and saw it was a legal buck with 3 on one side and 4 on the other. by the time I got my gun up on the spotting scope tripod the deer was unshootable. it cost me a deer basically. it will not happen again. the leicas are fine glass the I paid 1400 dollars for from cabelas last year. I sold them for 1000 last month. I want new glass, swarovskis will hopefully help me on this- otherwise I'm screwed.
M WAITE, AZ.

No flames intended, but I guess I don't understand how the Swarovski's are gonna be any different? If you couldn't count points with a 10x Leica, how are you gonna do it with a 10x Swarovski?....

Just another recomendation for Camera Land. They treated me good, and had the best price.

IMHO, the Leica optics are THE best, Swaro makes some great stuff, but to my eyes, Leica is better.

I buy mine at adventure outfitters, I can drive there so I can look through everything. I second asking for Kip, a friend of mine, he will help you out. He is always taking demos out on trips and comparing the quaility, not just looking across a parking lot.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-06 AT 00:13AM (MST)[p]I missed camera land so far, and adventure I will call again tomorrow. as for foreman4x4- each hunters different I guess. I used my leicas for one year and 4 months, I liked them alot, until that day I had zero problems, still no problems but... I am hoping- like I said- that the swar 10x50 will be brighter, later in the day, than the leicas were. all I can say is I think there is some difference between them- there has to be. I tried one pair of 1400 dollar binoculars and now I'll try the other. bottom line is I will choose the ones that work for ME- if you don't like my choice- tough. no flames though !
M WAITE, AZ.

yep !! so in response to my original post/question, I guess you don't have any place to get optics from, but without "flaming" I get to hear your opinion on what optics I should get. you know what they say about opinions.
M WAITE, AZ.

Never said anything about what optics you should get. Just my opinion that you're wasting money and living a pipe dream thinking Swarovski's are somehow going to be magically better than the 10x50 Leica's you already took a $400.00 bath on. But as I said, it's your money, and yes I know what they say about opinions, but if you don't want opinions, don't post on a public forum asking for advice.

By the way, I'll bet Doug would be more than happy to sell you a pair of Swarovski's.....

It would be my pleasure to assist him in getting the correct binocular to meet his needs. If that is the Swarovski then I can assist him with that, however, perhaps the new Minox 10x52 or 10x58 would suit the needs better as they are high quality and a bit brighter.
Please feel free to call me to discuss what would be best. Whether you buy it from us or not it is our pleasure to work with you to make sure you are aware of all the best options.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Another vote for Doug and camera land, he went out of his way to help me out with a warrenty issuie when i bought a pair of Geovids from him.
He has probably found out by now that with these message boards that he can do well, by treating customers well, because we all talk here...

You should check out the Leica Ultravid 12X50, sick glass. These other guys are pretty much right on the money Swaros are not gonna be any better if you are talking the same power and objective, you need more light and more power, mostly more light.

Doug will you shoot me a private message on the pricing of those new Minoxs. Especially those 10X58s.

hunterrunningfrombearlgclr5ju.gif

well I thank you all who are honestly trying to help and giving me the place to do business. I have called doug and not gotten ahold of him just yet but we emailed and he will be calling me upon his return home friday morning. I will look into all my options. fm4x4 anything you post sure does make me think "flamer", I'll go ahead and enjoy my own pipe dream, just mind your business and don't worry yourself about my money. I'll be talking with doug in the morning, I'll post what happens. thanks again to you all who have shared.
M WAITE, AZ.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 07:47AM (MST)[p]Got your panties in a wad, huh? Truth must hurt. First you post that your Leica's carried the full Passport Warranty for the new owner, which is a lie; Leica's warranty is non-transferable.

Now you you don't like hearing that you basically flushed $400.00 down the drain and are fixing to spend a bunch more money for nothing. Like I said, if you don't want opinions or someone to call you on your lies, don't post on a public forum.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]hey "kourtney" - I asked for a place to buy optics- not your opinion on anything else. your a mouthpiece that should mind his own business. dont worry your pretty little head about my liecas- I have taken care of the buyer- he got a great deal then did'nt he ? are you just jealous or what, sure are spending alot of time worrying about what I'm doing ? you maybe want to meet me sometime to tell me in person what you think of me spending my own money on something ?
M WAITE, AZ.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]Nah, I'm sure they have bars or rest-stops in Arizona where you can "meat" someone more your type......

By the way, that PM you sent me was pretty funny. You're wound a little tight aren't you?

>It would be my pleasure to
>assist him in getting the
>correct binocular to meet his
>needs. If that is the
>Swarovski then I can assist
>him with that, however, perhaps
>the new Minox 10x52 or
>10x58 would suit the needs
>better as they are high
>quality and a bit brighter.
>

Dude, put down the crack pipe! The guy hates Leica, yet you recommend Minox? Why not just sell him some Barskas?

Where to buy Swarovski 10X42 SLC Forest Green????

Where and what is the cheapest price in purchasing the above Binoculars? I will be buy mine with in a couple of weeks.

BTW, great thread at the perfect time. At least for me!!!

TheHunt

RE: Where to buy Swarovski 10X42 SLC Forest Green????

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-06 AT 00:35AM (MST)[p]again doug & kip/jeff I thank you very much for your help on this, and to the guys who really are giving advice on places to buy optics- thank you. the rest of them are really worried about what other people do- so he just ruined the thread by running his mouth. thanks for sticking with it doug I appreciate the help, and look forward to talking with you again next week.
M WAITE, AZ.

>PM Sent
>
>If there is anything else that
>I can assist you with
>please let me know.
>Doug
>Camera Land
>212-753-5128
>[email protected]

You PM had every bino in the industry but only the word Swarovski.

Please send me a PM or post here as to your best price for this specific bino. Swarovski 10X42 SLC in Forest Green.

I prefer not to post prices in an open forum. Please feel free to contact us about pricing.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Hunt,

I believe that Doug is under the "MAP" pricing guidelines. What this means is that he is restricted to have a Minimum Advertised price. Almost all Leupold dealers and Leica dealers are requiring it and I believe Swarovski follows the same guidelines. It will be worth it to call him regarding the prices. It certainly was for me regarding my Leica LRF 1200 rangefinder.

I hope it was okay for me to make this suggestion Doug. If not, I am sorry.

Firehawk

One important key point is: Quality of customer service. Doug sounds like the ticket on this end. I tend to pay more and buy locally, just because this local guy will take care of me no matter what and he'd do it the minute I walked in the door. He can get me a VX-II for $20.00 more from him than from Sportsmans Warehouse or Cabelas (with shipping). If you can get good service and a short delay would be okay, then "out of town" buying is okay.

EXACTLY !!!!! he does'nt have what I'm looking for in stock just yet however he has called and emailed me every other day to keep me informed, and I have not bought one thing from him YET !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom