where to shoot???

Wyogstew1

all summer long, i have been shooting my bow at an elementary school after shool hours and far removed from anyone else. when people would show up at the school for whatever reason, i would use extreme caution adn thus never a threat to anyone. last week, a narc called the cops on me and i was told that i am not allowed to shoot on school grounds and let go with a warning. the hubris officer tried to trump my rights by trying to search my vehicle and my case without permission only to turn up nothing. as a result, i am very apprehensive as to where i may shoot in las vegas because i do not have a sizable lot nor do i care to drive clear across town to shoot at sam boyd stadium. do any of you know of any place in the northwest part of town where i can shoot?

Happy Hunting

I always head out to the north end of Jones. I go through the first big wash then back further in and can always find a place to shoot. I even head out there to shoot my muzzy.

Good luck!

Go out to the end of Ann rd. cross over the 215 make a right and then a left on the first dirt road. it takes you up behind the gravel pits....takes about 15min from Buffalo and Elkhorn....I dont like driving all the way out there either, maybe someone will eventually put something up out in the NW.

Happy Hunting to you too.

have you done any scouting in 114-115 yet?

thanks guys, i guess i ll have to go out in the desert. i did get up and do one scouting trip in 115. i spotted a bachelor group with one pretty nice 4 point. i havent done much archery hunting, i got a little 3 point last year, so im not too terribly picky about what i get, i just want to get one. hopefully by the time i get up there they will still be there and not have been pushed out by other hunters.

Happy Hunting

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-07 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]open your back door and back off to the front door with the target outside as far away as you can get against the brick wall and let er rip! I have to put two backstops against each other to keep from busting arrows when they go thru the first target. This also doesn't work to well when its 115 outside since I don't like trying to cool this hell hole. But the rest of the yr its great. Good for 30yds at my house and keeps me in good form. Otherwise, say hello to the desert.

I have also been out to the end of JONEs but the last time I was out there I noticed the security guard for the new housing there was snooping around. Just be careful.

I havnt been ouy to Floyd Lamb in a while ,dont that park still have a range

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom