Which do you guys think is more difficult?

Muleyfanatic

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-10 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]Shooting a 200 inch muley or shooting a 400 inch elk? Also say what state, like say colorado Muley and Idaho Elk or something. Also which would you rather shoot? Just trying to start up a nice post.

200 inch muley!

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

200 inch muley.

I pulled B&C numbers a while ago. I can't remember the numbers exactly, but a 400" elk was roughly equal to a 190" muley.

Grizzly

I would say a 200" muley is a bigger achievment, for mulies I would say Colorado or Nevada for best shot a 200" deer and elk either utah or arizona.

Both are huge acomplishments and not eaisly done with any tag.

200 inch muley for dang sure. I wouldnt care what state it was in as long as it was DIY and fair chase

In Utah a 200" buck with an over the counter tag would be easier than killing a 400" bull with an over the counter tag IMHO.

but ill take either

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

muley for sure. see some 400s every year
shot around here 409,.456and some a 406 a 413 these are gross scores there are more just dont remember.north dakota.the 456 was in eastmans tour for a year or 2. it is in ranchers new house now hes a monster.

I think a 400" bull is much harder. Only a few places that they exist, with a chance to get a tag. How many 400" governor tag elk are killed compared to 200" mulies? Most governor tag deer holders if not all kill 200" mule deer. Not so with 400" elk, Idaho?, Oregon?,Colorado? Wyoming? The best place to kill a 200" deer doesn,t even have elk, Sonora, Mx.

Cabuck

You guys that say muley are nuts. There might be a dozen 400 bulls killed in a year, across the west, but theree are twice that number of bucks that go 200 each year.

Yelum

Gotta be the elk. A 400" elk is a news story and there's only a couple every year. It seems like quite a few people kill 200"+ muleys every year. I know of several guys that have killed multiple 200" bucks. I don't know one guy that has killed multiple 400" bulls.

Honest to god, genuine 400" elk or 200" muley bucks are both very rare. I'm not talking all the ones we see in magazines, as most of them are not as big as claimed. Of the two, I have to think that a genuine 400" elk is the tougher of the two to take. However, I'd be thrilled to have either one.

I would much rather have the Muley... Not some freak with extras, I want a perfect typical that goes 200"... I'd want it out of Utah so my wish is pretty high I'd say.
I care less about an elk, and honestly for me it's about beauty, not inches... A 360" bull looks plenty good for me... Utah, or Arizona

Cool thread Muley Fanantic.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

+1 BrowningRage, Going by numbers i see, hear and read about, i'd say the 400" elk is harder to come by but i'd much rather kill a 200" muley, especially a typical. A 200"+ typical Muley, IMO, is the ultimate Western big game trophy...even considering sheep. Many can and do buy a sheep hunt...

Much much much rather!!! My $.02

Joey

I would rather shoot a 200" deer however, I think that there are less opportunities to get a tag where you can shoot a 400" bull than there are where you can shoot a 200" deer.

I don't really care about which is tougher. I'm a mule deer hunter to my bones. Give me a 190 muley over a 400 inch elk. And by the way, you can shoot a 400 inch elk over a feed tub several places. Not many feed tubs where you can get a 200 inch muley.

I've got a 380 elk and I did not mount him. Elk just don't trip my trigger.

400 inch bull, I've traveled all over this great state of wyoming and never seen one, I've seen a lot of 200 inch bucks but have never even laid eye's on a 400 inch bull

i got a book of almosts...great start in 2007 i missed a 160 class whitetail with my bow he gave me the hoof while laughing at me...same year on a over the counter hunt missed a 380 7 point bull 8 times in idaho...1000 yards looks similar to 500 yards..I would take either..200 typical just massive bases and 30 inches at least...in colorado or idaho unit 45...or a big like 250 non typical with trash everywhere in colorado...anything respectible is all i care about..

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

a 400 inch bull is much harder. there are 200 inch deer killed every year on otc tags, and Le tags. most units in colorado will produce at least one 200 incher and some units will kick out more. you wont find or kill 400 class bulls on otc, and very few on Le tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom