Which elk unit?????

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-08 AT 10:20AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-08 AT 10:18?AM (MST)

With X-mas finally over, it's time to get busy with application season. I'm looking for general info on a few units. I usually only apply for Oct 1 openers because I really love the bugling aspect of elk huntin. This year I think I'll be trying to get the family their first deer at that time so here is what I'm planning: Archery elk the last 2 weeks of Sept, Region K deer Oct 1 and then follow up with rifle elk if necessary. If we apply for an Oct 1 elk opener, we'll probably put the deer hunt off til the next year if we draw. Love the way Wy staggers their application deadlines and draws.

I'd prefer a unit where horses will be an advantage. But anywhere I can get my dad a bull with his bow would be awesome. He's gonna be 74 this year and he blew 2 good chances this last season including @ a 300+ and another nice 6X6. I can't get him much more than a mile from the rig or horse.

The units I'm lookin at are 7, 61, 62, 63-64, 35,37,38 or 39.

We both have max PPs. Feel free to PM me with general info about these areas.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom