Which Hunt (Henry Mountains)

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
If you had a bison cow tag for the Henry Mountains, which dates
would you choose to hunt? Why would you choose these dates?
Thanks!!

10/24-10/13
12/06-12/13
12/15-12/22
12/23-12/30

If it were me, I would take the first hunt in October 10/13-10/24. On the first hunt you shouldn't have any problem finding the buffalo and weather shouldn't be a problem. After they have been hunted for a month on the later hunts they can be hard to find and access is usually more difficult because of snow and muddy roads. The early hunt might be hot though and you will need a lot of ice to keep the meat and cape cool. Good luck, It's a fun hunt.

I don't think it will matter much. We were down on the late Hunter's Choice hunt and the buffalo were not hard to find, and they had been chased like crazy for a good 6 weeks with the extra cow hunts and the early Hunter's choice hunt... The weather was nice until the first of December and then it stormed, but it wasn't too bad. Henry Mtn roads are pretty good..even when snowy..

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-08 AT 11:55PM (MST)[p]I was also on the second Hunter's Choice hunt last year and we saw lots of buffalo. However, I talked to a guy who drew the cow hunt in December and he ate tag soup. The first Hunter's Choice hunt had a 97% success rate and the second Hunter's Choice hunt had a 100% success rate. The cow hunts ranged from 65%-80% success which is still good, but 19 people didn't harvest an animal.

The October hunt will give you the first crack at them....even before the Hunter's Choice hunts. I'm sure you will do fine on the December hunts, but you might have to hunt harder than you think to get one.

I was down there over the weekend and the roads were sloppy in areas. It just depends on where you are at and the time of year. It's a large area. You can have flash floods or belly deep snow and the roads can get ugly depending on the weather.

LETS SEE!!!

DO I WANT MY STEAK EARLY???

OR???

DO I WANT MY STEAK LATER???

DAMN!!!

I CAN TASTE IT ALREADY!!!

DECISIONS,DECISIONS!!!

GOOD LUCK NO MATTER WHICH HUNT YOU CHOOSE???

WOULD THE EARLY HUNT INTERFERE WITH ANOTHER POSSIBLE TAG THAT MIGHT BE PULLED???

NEVERMIND!!!

I AIN'T WISHING YOU ANYMORE LUCK!!!

JUST KIDDIN!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Bessy,

If all goes well, you will be eating buff steak in October. Thats a good point, it may conflict another hunt if I draw. But thats a good problem to have and I am sure I can figure something out!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom