Which Model 700?

twsnow18

What Remington Model 700 should I get? I hunt deer and elk in Idaho, any suggestions? I'm probably going with a 30-06 as far as the caliber.

They all use the same action so as to choice of model would be personal preference.The main difference lies in the contour of the barrel and the stock it sits on. All will work and it usually boils down to how much you want to carry and do you want wood or synthetic or laminated. The 06 & .300 mags are both excellent choices and will do the job. Remington has some $40.00 -$100.00 rebates going on some models right now that should fill the bill and save you some bucks to have later to shoot some!

+1 boskee. Its all personal preference and if you want stainless or blued, wood or synthetic stock. I like the CDL model and the laminated ss but thats just me. There are the sps models on the cheap end but the plastic stocks are IMO junk.

+1 Cahunter805 their low end plastic stocks aren't too good compared to a higher end fiberglass stock and that's why the KS suggestion above by 440 but i think they would get a guy thru a few years until he upgraded. That laminate stock is hard to beat, durable and well made but they weigh a bit more. A good seal job on a CDL will get you a nice looking gun that will give you some good service. good suggestions like always!!

Check Cabelas. Remington builds a 700 with the XCR stock and a 26" fluted barrel and adjustable trigger. I bought one last year in 300 Win Mag.
I'd go with the 300 WM over the 30-06 personally.

They were on sale 75.00 cheaper than what I paid for mine before Cristmas.

It's a really nice gun for the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom