Which one????

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Let me set the scene ........ Opening morning, 2nd season Colorado hunt in an "ok" deer unit, general season elk unit. No snow, and none in the forecast.
You peak over the ridge and glass up these big boys below. You have both a deer and elk tag. Both trophies are already on high alert because of the people activity in the area. You're only going to get one shot off and whichever trophy you don't shoot, will be gone.

SO, which do you drop the hammer on? Buck or Bull???

To see more awesome pics, take a look at our Photo Tours section of the site. Thousands of great pics.

3605pe1120.jpg

9969peades1210.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I'll second that^^^

A good elk seems to be a whole bunch easier to come by nowadays than a trophy mule deer. Besides, deer are easier to pack out (ouch, my back hurts again).

just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth...

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-14 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]Peer pressure, the buck. 320 bull? 180 gross buck?

no doubt the bull!!! 2nd season he is ready to hide for a few months. The buck is just getting active and I'd have a way better chance at seeing him again with 8 days to hunt...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

The buck is already broadside, so I'd shoot him with only seconds to decide. That bull isn't offering a good shot, IMO.

I would shoot the buck. The bull is just a pile of hamburger helper to me, but that buck is a dream come true.

THE BULL HANDS DOWN.......THAT SMELLY BUCK IS NOT EVEN EDIBLE FOR MOST HUNTERS, THE BULL EATS MUCH BETTER. MY BUCK HUNTIN DAYS ARE ABOUT OVER.......ITS ELK EVERY YEAR. .............................YD.

Buckingbull. The buck is a sweet looking thing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That Buck is on Private Property!

You know what Colorado Wardens do to people that shoot Bucks on Private Property?

You might be better off to Shoot that PISSCUTTER Bull!

At least He's in the Pines!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Odds of finding a Colorado bull like that in a general elk area are slimmer than the odds on finding another decent buck.
Elk for me if he shows a better angle for a shot.
Best,
Jerry

p isscuter bull? if you get a elk tag in the basin l'e or not you better shoot that bull,. the buck/? once in a life time in the basin,,,,, so I would shoot the

Bull down,base of scull/neck shot as it looks fairly close...the buck is a dream too,but even an old bull tastes better!

>p isscuter bull? if you get
>a elk tag in the
>basin l'e or not
>you better shoot that bull,.
>the buck/? once in a
>life time in the basin,,,,,
>so I would shoot the
>

DeerLove said 320" Bull elkun!

So Yes!

PISSCUTTER Bull!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 02:25AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 02:22?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 02:15?AM (MST)

Depending on the distance and the weapon!
With a rifle? The bull. He's better on the table and I could make the neck shot or wait him out.
With a bow? The buck. I don't have my P&Y buck yet, he's in position and it's too dangerous for a rifle since I don't know what's over the hill.

no doubt, the buck.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

It's interesting to hear everyone's opinions.

While not scientific, if you look at UTAH Sportsman tag applications you'll notice that deer applications edge out elk applications by the slimest of margins.

I have no idea if that info would translate over to Colorado.

Just a thought,
Zeke

>It's interesting to hear everyone's opinions.
>
>
>While not scientific, if you look
>at UTAH Sportsman tag applications
>you'll notice that deer applications
>edge out elk applications by
>the slimest of margins.
>
>I have no idea if that
>info would translate over to
>Colorado.
>
>Just a thought,
>Zeke

Them Colorado Residents Would Smack that Bull long before they'd even slow down to look at the Buck!

If them Colorado Boys woulda/coulda seen what Our TARDville LE Elk Units were holding 6 or 7 years ago they'da had a Problem the Opposite of Wisz's Problem!:D

I'd shoot the bull. Then I'd drive straight to the store and buy a Mega Millions ticket because if you are lucky enough to have the above scenario happen to you, you surely will win the lottery as well. Then I would buy an Alton tag annually and go after big bucks each year.

I would definitely shoot the buck.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom