Which Rifle?

J

JustHuntn

I've been lookin at gettin a new rifle for the upcoming season, and I've got it narrowed down to 2 different models. It's either gonna be the Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker, or the Winchester Mod. 70 Classic-Camo Ultimate Shadow, and Its gonna be in the 300WSM caliber. I'm leanin towards the Browning, but I like the looks of the Winchester w/ camo composite. The Browning is a little lighter, but it's barrel is also 1" shorter than the winchester, and from reading previous posts about the 300WSM, that's not a good thing.

If any one has any advice as to which of these I should go with or if there are any other good models in the 300WSM, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I was looking at scopes and came up with a favorite for the money. What do you guys think about the Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40. It's only $100, and to me seems like a pretty solid scope. My dad got one last year and seems to like it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

I have an older Winchester Model 70 30-06 and it shoots like a dream! Would never sell it! Awesome Trigger, great accuracy. I have a friend who has a browning A-bolt, 30-06 and didn't like it. Just my .02. Bushnell makes great optics. Would be surprised if any one of their newer scopes wasn't good.

Michael

Have you looked at A Remington.I looked at the A-bolt two years ago.What stoped me from buying one was what the gunsmiths had to say.Then looking at the used rack at the gun shops in town you do see why.
But I have two of the most dislike gun out there Browning BAR. I dont know how much money you are willing to spend on a scope.But what about a Burris or a Leupold.I live in Leupold country but I am a Burris fan.I have had Simmons&Bushnell&Nikon.And now Burris Signature it is worth the money.
Just my 2 cents.Good luck with the gun and scope you do get.

JH, Take a look at the TIKKA T-3, made by SAKO. Comes in the .300WSM, weighs in at 6lbs. and has an MSRP of $549.00!! Also, it comes w/scope rings and a 2 to 4lb. adjust. trigger. It's a great gun for the price!!!!! Check it out!!!! STEVE

Justin, if you want a 3x9x40 I have a Leupold for sale. It is silver and in perfect condition. Not so much as one scratch anywhere. I'm not sure if you are going with a stainless rifle or just blued but if you are interested let me know.

NvrEnuf

Howdy,

Justin, you are getting good advice from buckrub and thumbs!!!

I bought the model 70 Win. Stainless Steel Synthetic stock, except in 7WSM. I did not particularly like the A-bolt, and I've looked at the Tikkas. I really think you should consider or at least look at the Tikka. Who knows, you may buy one.

And, just my opinion, but if you are a bargain hunter like I am, the best "buy" now in scopes is the Bushnell Scopechief in 3X9 from Natchez Shooters Supply. Better quality than the Trophy, and $80!!!!

Coach

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom