Which Swarovski binoculars??

Hunter53

Trying to decide what binoculars to get.
Ones I am looking at are........
12x42 NL pure with some accessories for $3100
10x42 EL for $2000
10x42 EL Range with tracking assistant for $3500
10x42 EL Range field pro package for $3000

Is there a huge difference in optics between the EL and NL's?
Is the tracking assistant really worth the extra $'s?
I already have a range finder so not sure if getting the range finding binoculars is worth the extra cost?

If those were your choices which would you go with and why?

I just want to make sure you're aware there is a difference in optic construction between the EL & the EL Range. It's not as simple as the "Range" have an integrated rangefinder.

There are a bunch of articles you can read on coatings and lenses for the different models that may sway your decision one way or another, but there are marked differences between each of them in brightness, edge clarity, color, and lens construction.

Personally, I don't like the integrated rangefinder on the EL Range as it does slightly diminish optic quality. I also don't like the field flattener lens on the EL when scanning for animals. I prefer the SLC to either of those for hunting and have 10s and 15s.

However, with that said, I have the NL in 12x and it's my favorite binocular.

PS. I've purchased from Camera Land (MM sponsor) and they were great.

Last edited:
The NLs are pretty amazing. It really depends on your use if you “need” the NLs or not. What kind of hunting/glassing are you doing?

The NLs are pretty amazing. It really depends on your use if you “need” the NLs or not. What kind of hunting/glassing are you doing?
I am starting to be able to go west for antelope and this will be my first year elk hunting. I am planning on a mule deer hunt in the near future hopefully as well.
Here at home (Nebraska) I whitetail hunt in timber and in open country where I can see for a couple miles, also call coyotes but since getting thermal do most of that at night now.

If you have the money to spend the NL's are significantly better quality than ELs or SLCs. Its not even really very close.
You can get away with 10s on most hunts even in the west but the 12s are the best.

I personally run the NL 12x42. Ran the EL 10s up until I got my hands on the NL 12s back in 2020. Personally I don’t think there is anything better on the market than the NL12s in my opinion

I have the new EL Range with tracking. I don't know how to use the tracking and I don't care. but the optics and ballistics solver are fantastic. a couple weeks ago I took a nice bull in UT using them with a 730 yard 1 shot kill , my elevation is always spot on with them. after quite a bit of target use I'm totally sold..

If there is an optical disadvantage to the rangefinder in the binocular my eyes aren't good enough to tell. I'm a hunter not a bird watcher .

I also used the new Zeiss rangefinder binoculars and the electronics are as good if not better. but the optics in the Swarovski are clearly better and that's what made my choice.

id go with the NL pure i looked through a pair at sportsmans warehouse and man was it cool i got teary eyed looking through them . They may be more money but it would be better clarity and light transmission

If I were a guide I would have a pair of RF binos. As just a regular guy, I like a separate unit as RF technology changes so quit, I’d rather have the latest and greatest without selling a $3000+ unit all the time to stay current.

I used 10x42 ELs among other alphas for many years. I bought a pair of 12x42 NLs not expecting much difference. I was wrong, the are noticeably better image wise and ergonomically they are superior. ELs feel like a brick to me now.

I have the 15x56 SLC HD and 12x42 NL Pures

For all around glassing the 12x are amazing. They’re decent when hand held and stunning off a tripod. The 10x are better when handheld, but the extra magnification of the 12x is nice when on the tripod.

For true long range glassing, there is no replacement for displacement. The 15x just provide a larger apparent image to help you see the fine details. The smaller FOV might make you miss an animal or two in the peripheral edges compared to the 12x, but the extra detail you’ll see might be worth it to you.

If I could only own one, 12x every time. If you already have some decent binos and are just looking for a true long range glass, the 15x are tough to ignore.

I have the 15x56 SLC HD and the 8X Pocket CL's.

I use the pocket CL's for 98% of my glassing applications. Love those little suckers. They never leave my chest while hunting.

I’ve had the 15x56 before and loved them off a tripod. I have some mediocre vortex glass for my chest. I’ve just heard nothing but great things about the pures.

Trying to decide what binoculars to get.
Ones I am looking at are........
12x42 NL pure with some accessories for $3100
10x42 EL for $2000
10x42 EL Range with tracking assistant for $3500
10x42 EL Range field pro package for $3000

Is there a huge difference in optics between the EL and NL's?
Is the tracking assistant really worth the extra $'s?
I already have a range finder so not sure if getting the range finding binoculars is worth the extra cost?

If those were your choices which would you go with and why?
I’ve had the NL 10x42s, SLC 10s and 15s, EL 10x42s and 12x50 HD. I looked through my buddies NL 12x42s and couldn’t handhold them steady at all. I am currently running the EL Range TA 10x42s. The image quality is as good as anything I have had even the 12s. For disclaimer I used all these optics for several years and I have excellent vision. No contacts or glasses. No color blindness.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom