Which unit would you deer hunt?

Ynothunt41

Hi All,
A buddy and I have 12 NR deer points that we would like to burn next year. It looks like we could pull a unit 61 or unit 55 third season tag. I would like to go with Garvey Brothers outfitter but we don't have the money for that. I would like and be willing to pay for a trespass fee. We live about 1800 miles away, so scouting before the season is out. Does any body have any pointers or advise for me.

Thank you for your help!!

I am sitting in the same situation as you are, and considering 61, but scared that the point creep next year might be big. Wondering if 12 will be enough to draw 61.

drew this year 3rd hunt with 11, not going guided, but i am gonna be there a week early to look around, ill let you know how it went

30 Hart...I got your PM. That might be a great way for us to go. Thank you

MDbrown...Good luck, I hope you get that buck you have been waiting 11 years for. Please keep me updated. Thank you

I would do 61 over 55 (I live in 55) for one reason. Over the counter bull tags in 55. 55 will have elk hunters everywhere. 61 is very limited elk and deer hunting which IMO means a much higher quality hunt. Both units have great bucks.If you decide to do 55 feel free to e mail me. I know some great outfitters too.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-15 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]Gatheringsheds...Thank you for your input. As an outsider, it's good to get some advise from the locals. I am thinking a lot about unit 61 but I may end up sending you an e-mail. Again thank you for your input!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom