Which would you do

dug

I know an area that has some monster bucks in it. The area is huge and there are not that many bucks. I also know and go to an area that has alot of good size bucks, but no real monsters.
So I am trying to decide on where to go.
If you guys had to choose going to a place where if you find one it is going to be a monster or going somewhere where you will find a good amount of horns but nothing specialm what would you do?
We have found a few before in the monster area and they were HUGE, old and white. But they are few and far between.
Would it be worth it to you guys to spend the day hiking around for days with the chance of finding nothing or a monster or just go to an area you kow youll find horns but nothing special?

I always look in the areas where you have a good chance to find the monsters first. You can always hit the others areas later.

The answer is easy........... Go to both places.

beavis.gif

Monster sheds rule.
Since you have been there before, you
already have an idea of where to look
first, right? The deer might drop in
the same vicinity this year. You mentioned
you found browns and whites? Thet means
they ARE hitting the same area yearly.
Looks like a no brainer to me.

Take pics and update us on your success!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I would go after the monster sheds. The bigger the better right? Plus it is more rewarding when you do find that monster shed that you are looking for.

Monsters! Are these 2 differant places where you can't visit them both? Like too far away?

-Lowedog

The two places are far apart. The one with the average horns other people are going to hit too, but I have made up my mind that I am going for the big ones, you can find little ones almost anywhere.
Ill give you some pics when I find them

Me personally, I would rather walk all day and find a really big shed then walk all day and find 3-4 nice sheds. To me those big sheds are hard to come by and are truly a trophy. Any shed is a trophy but those really big ones make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. But either way you are having fun and enjoying the outdoors, so it's a win, win.

Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom