Whitetail Backstrap Big Chunk Chili

Blank

Long Time Member
No beans, just sharp cheddar and sweet onions topped a fresh soft roll. Cooked about 4 hours until fall apart tender. Garden 'mater!!

IMG_5249.jpeg

IMG_5250.jpeg

Haha, me!! When there's only the two of us and she doesn't eat game, fish, seafood, or spicy I pretty much do as I want. Kids and grandkids only want lots of free meat, as in jerky and burger. :)

Off topic Blank, but what hunts are on your agenda this year to repentance your game in the freezer?

Good question - Totally struck out on draws in every state I applied. Not a lucky year at all. Just went over to Idaho Falls and hunted muzzy elk for 4 days. Never saw a live animal, not even a grouse. I don't even know why we are having a deer season in Eastern Idaho this year!

We are going down to AZ this year for the first full winter in the RV. I think the quail hunting should be good, and open until Feb. May go to the deer lease in Texas, and also load up the freezer on more redfish in Matagorda.

Bummer on your draw success Blank. I went to Texas last year on a lease for the first time and had a lot of fun. Great way to fill the freezer as I'm able to harvest 4 critters. Meat is better than Mulies imo . Better luck next year in the drawing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom