who is hunting 171-173 archery?

Hey SHERMAN,
Are you looking for a hunting partner or some info on the unit. I live in this unit. Let me know.

Both my trailer is parked at big creek i just went up for the day and have been up a few times with little success i don't think i will hunt the big creek area. are you in austin?me and my daughter just ate at the international for lunch. the best deer i have seen was in an alfalfa field early morning.

racksandtracks,

When you log in at MM the first page up is the main Forums page, if you have an inbox mail (PM) thre will be a small red flag at the top left edge of the forum. Look up and over for the "words" Inbox Mail and click on it. Then after you view your mail, scroll down and type a reply and send back to person who sent it to you.

Brian

SHERMAN,

I've got an early rifle tag for 171-3 this year. Would be interested to hear how you do. I hunted the area in 2004, so PM me if you'd like some info.

bcmulie

I'll be heading to Arc dome the second week of the blackpowder season to hunt.If any archers have any info.I would apprecate it.We hunted it in 2004 but wouldn't mind trying a new area if there are some good deer in the area.We have horses and like to go way back in to places to get away from the crowds.The only advice I can give you Sherman is to get as high as you can and you should see some bucks.Take your pack frame and leave well before day lite and climb.When it gets lite enough to see start glassing and I'm sure you'll spot something.Let me know how things turn out and good luck...Devlin

Im going to try it again this weekend but it is hard to get into range 200 yards was as close as i could get, at 10,000 feet the vegetation is very low.

Sherman,

The area just south of Austin in unit 173 is it public or private? I know it is not BLM or NF so I guess I may answered my own question but just needed to verify. Thanks.

JR

I went out for opener but the 10,000' elevation got me sick. I live 45' below sea level in the Imperial Valley. After a couple of days around 7-8,000' We decided to backpack up high again but my 19 yr old daughter hurt her ankle so we turned back. It was a good family outing but the hunting was bad. We were limited to hunting low and the temps were high.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-08 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]Hey there glass_eye. I'm one of the guys you talked to in Peavine. Those sheep were pretty, huh? We ended up back in the wilderness from the west side. We saw a good group of bucks way back in, under the Dome. Was just too far for us to go after. We had already expended too much energy on our first spot. It was some beautiful country though. The deer just were not as thick in the same spots as the last couple of years. We chalked it up as another learning experience. Hope they get some moisture up there. We took a drive up Ophir on our way out. That is some HUGE country! Second year in a row that I've ate that archery tag. I'm new to the bowhunting game, but I have nothing but respect for the guys that can go out there and get it done with a bow.

Don P.

I'm done. Craig says that he might give it another go. I still have hunts for CO elk, WY antelope, and two ten year olds that plan on getting their first bucks in NM. I'm tapped. What's your plans? I could give you Craigs number, if your looking for company.

Don P.

I'm thinking about going towards the end. Maybe it'll be better if they get some rain and it cools down a bit.
I'm kinda in your shoes. I've got WYO antelope with my son Oct 1st. AZ deer for my son in Nov. and most likely I'll do javelina & coues in Jan. and Hawaii Axis deer in Feb. I can fly to Hawaii for less than what it cost me to drive to Central Nevada !
Go ahead and give Craig my # My contact info is on this MM home page in the CA taxidermist, Breck Dickinson Taxidermy.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom