Who is soooo sick of dogs in stores?

MrShane

I have a yellow Lab I use on Waterfowl and wild Pheasants, I love him but he is still a dog and doesn’t belong in grocery stores pissing on the lowest shelves.
I don’t confront the owner because they are not breaking the law but I am now to the point I find the manager and let them know I don’t support dogs in grocery stores.
Thoughts?

How Bout Them Little Penny-Fiest's That Are On The Door/Window Rest Or Steering Wheel & Some Ole Granny Trying To Drive With That Little Mutt?

Never See A Cop Pull Any Of Them Over!

I am sick of them. I saw a guy carrying one around in the Price Maverik last Saturday. It certainly didn’t make my burrito taste any better.

A few years back, my wife was in the Logan Sam’s Club buying groceries. Some idiot had a dog there and you’ll never guess what happened. Yep, took a big dump right on the showroom floor.

Unless one has a medical condition, keep it in the car.

I’m with you. I complained here when I saw an “emotional support dog” riding in the cart like a kid and drooling in the meat counter. Keep them out of the fresh food sections anyway.

My complaint went nowhere - nothing the store can do if it has the silly vest. However, I am WAY more pissed about our stupid bag ban here in Colorado.

Hey eel!

You Sayin You Can Use Them More Than Once?:D

About A Week Ago At Our Local Store They Had Plastic Bags That Only Had A Handle On One Side!

Think China Cares?

California now charges 10 cents for every bag, plastic or paper that you use. They use that money to "save the environment" somehow. You betcha. I take my used bags in with me and use them over and over until they wear out.

California now charges 10 cents for every bag, plastic or paper that you use. They use that money to "save the environment" somehow. You betcha. I take my used bags in with me and use them over and over until they wear out.
Same here but I refuse to pay the stupid 10 cents. I look like a bum when I go in the store.

Our local Big-R (feed/hardware type place) gives away free bags again. Apparently the all knowing giant brain in the cloud sends them automatically with every shipment from their warehouse. They are overrun with them, so they put them out at the checkout stand and tell you to take as many as you like.

I’m sure it’s some kind of crime and they will be forced to put them in the landfill. I don’t think Mother Earth wants to save us anymore.

It won’t be long and ketchup and mustard packets will be 10-15 cents each.
Been going on in Europe for decades.

The most annoying things ever:

1. Pedal bikers on paved roads(esp in groups).

2. People with their dogs in stores

3. People with their dogs off leash on leash-only areas.

4. People who drive the new ford bronco. ?
Ford should have stuck to it’s Bronco roots and only made it in 2 door.
At least the 2 door is semi-palataple.

Yall would ***** about the rope they'd hang ya with......other than your mommas and the smell of dirt, yall will find anything to complain about lol.

I got no problem with dogs in stores, wouldn’t love the scenarios mentioned of the pooping and pissing. But at the end of the day as long as the owner does the right thing, cleans his dogs mess, and the dog didn’t mark his territory on my ribeye all is fine in my opinion.

Hell I’m to the point I would rather be around dogs than humans.

I’m not allergic to dogs but I know people who are….and their bodies really get affected by them. I think it’s disrespectful to haul your dog indoors and subject everyone to your pet.

The other week I was watching my son’s soccer game and I took my dog to it for the first time. It’s a park in Orem. Out of nowhere this larger dog starts attacking mine. I scoop up my dog and turn around.

There’s a dud roller blading and it was obvious that this dog was his. This is word for word the conversation:

Dude, what the crap, man!!?!

Sorry, my dog never acts like that, he’s a really good dog.

Bro, go buy a leash!!!

I have one.

Then freakin use it, you freakin moron. Have some respect.

I kid you not there was a giant sign right behind him that said Orem city ordinance—-all dogs must be on leash!!! Look how sad my pooch is.
IMG_0119.jpeg
IMG_0118.jpeg

I Like just About All Dogs!

A Few Years Back I Was In Vernal Going To A Job!

Had My Trailer On So I Had To Park Across The Street From The House!

Went In The House!

Was Going Back Out To My Truck For Some tools When This BIG BLACK ROT Came Outa Nowhere & Wanted To Tear Me Up!

I'm Slowly Backing Up While That SOB Was Lunging At Me!

I Grabbed A 24 & Every-time He Lunged I Swung!

A Lady Came Out of The House Next Door Just A Screaming!

At First I Thought She Was trying To Retrieve Her MUTT!

No!

She Was Screaming at Me!

I'm Gonna Call The Cops She Kept Yelling!

I Kept Saying GIT-R-F'N-DONE!

She Was Pissed Because I Was Kinda Defending Myself!

I Still Can't Figure Out Why Anybody Would Have A Big Biting BASTARD On The Lot!

Went In The House!

Was Going Back Out To My Truck For Some tools When This BIG BLACK ROT Came Outa Nowhere & Wanted To Tear Me Up!

No!

She Was Screaming at Me!

I Still Can't Figure Out Why Anybody Would Have A Big Biting BASTARD On The Lot!
I’ve learned most schitty dogs have schitty owners.

I’m not allergic to dogs but I know people who are….and their bodies really get affected by them. I think it’s disrespectful to haul your dog indoors and subject everyone to your pet.

The other week I was watching my son’s soccer game and I took my dog to it for the first time. It’s a park in Orem. Out of nowhere this larger dog starts attacking mine. I scoop up my dog and turn around.

There’s a dud roller blading and it was obvious that this dog was his. This is word for word the conversation:

Bro, go buy a leash!!!

I have one.

I kid you not there was a giant sign right behind him that said Orem city ordinance—-all dogs must be on leash!!! Look how sad my pooch is.
View attachment 120321View attachment 120322
Mini labradoodle?

I have always been a big dog type of guy. When kids left home for college and my wife and I decided we'd be doing more traveling, we knew a smaller dog was right. I would NEVER have a dog sleep on my bed.....we now have 2 that do. I would NEVER take my dog into a restaurant....I do now if I have to. I would NEVER miss our dogs when we were gone for more than a few days....I do now. I don't know what happened to me. It might have to do with my switch to Bud Light.....
Dogs.jpg

I have always been a big dog type of guy. When kids left home for college and my wife and I decided we'd be doing more traveling, we knew a smaller dog was right. I would NEVER have a dog sleep on my bed.....we now have 2 that do. I would NEVER take my dog into a restaurant....I do now if I have to. I would NEVER miss our dogs when we were gone for more than a few days....I do now. I don't know what happened to me. It might have to do with my switch to Bud Light.....
View attachment 120327
This is Henry. ~110-115#. He likes to go to Ace and the dog food store. Other than that, he would rather stay home in this position.

IMG_0100.png

Where Is Ms Wisz Gonna Sleep?

View attachment 120327

My dog is better behaved than many people. Still, I don't take her to the grocery store, though she has been to Lowes and Sportsman's Warehouse a time or two.

Bro, go buy a leash!!!

I have one.

View attachment 120321View attachment 120322

Thought you had a dog?

Went In The House!

No!

She Was Screaming at Me!

Never had an issue with the big ones, but the little talking, ankle biters, more than once have eaten a sanding pole.

If they don't hunt, or herd, you may as well get a cat

Hey Hossy!

That Is Usually True!

Had An Ankle Biter Bite Me Once A Couple Years Ago!

Drew Some Blood!

Of Course The Owner Said:

That Dog Hasn't Ever Bit Anybody!

She Calls Me Back about 8 Months Later!

I Told Her To Get That Little Biting Bastard Locked Up!

Well He's Never Bit Anybody She Says!

I Said Oh,You've Forgot Already He Bit Me Last Time I Was There?

Barkin,Bitin Little SOB!

And Them Little Bastards Always Nail You From Behind!

Little Suckers Have Teeth Like A Cat!

Never had an issue with the big ones, but the little talking, ankle biters, more than once have eaten a sanding pole.

If they don't hunt, or herd, you may as well get a cat

Went In The House!

No!

She Was Screaming at Me!

Lucky it did not get shot! It likely would have been best for everyone involved. Too bad the idiot owner would not deal with it.
I have two small dogs that stay in my house, inside a fence, or on a leash. They have escaped a couple of times and it was my fault.
That lady should have called the cops and they might of hauled that mutt off to the pound. My former neighbor had a couple of pitbulls. For some reason, they were running loose. They ran into my yard a few times and I was worried about my kids. My friend was the highway patrol at the time and I mentioned it to him and he told it would be finie to just shoot them, if they were on my property.
I didn't as the neighbor usually did lock them up and he soon did.
The only worse thing about out of control dogs are the owners!

I flew to Sitka fishing a couple weeks ago . Had a first nation woman in the window seat and I had the aisle seat. about 3o minutes after take she reached down and pull her bag out from under the seat. She unzips it and out jumps a dang Chihuahua.
She puts him in the seat between us and just acts like its all normal. Stewardess saw it later and looked at me and shrugged.

I flew to Sitka fishing a couple weeks ago . Had a first nation woman in the window seat and I had the aisle seat. about 3o minutes after take she reached down and pull her bag out from under the seat. She unzips it and out jumps a dang Chihuahua.
She puts him in the seat between us and just acts like its all normal. Stewardess saw it later and looked at me and shrugged.

?

Amen. This whole pet worship/emotional support bastardization has gotten WAY out of hand.

I'm not very old, but growing up if you had dogs they lived outside. They never came in the house, they never rode in a car (except the back of a truck), and they never went into any commercial establishment.

It boggles my mind that some people are selfish enough to take theirs into grocery stores or restaurants. And that people don't put up a bigger fight to end this. It's ludicrous.

We were in Ireland on vacation in this small town. My wife wanted to do some shopping and I just wanted to chill. I was setting in our little bitty rental car watching these really small specialty stores that lined the main drag. The baker would stop and resupply the days needs etc. Well there was this very small grocery store with the fresh vegetable on little racks in front of the store. Down the street comes this big Irish Setter....yep he managed to mark his territory on all those vegetables......I often wondered if someone was curious why they tasted to different that night at dinner ?

Telluride is the most dog friendly town on the planet... pretty cool actually. I don't think dogs are allowed in any of the shops but they all have water bowls sitting outside for them.

My favorite Telluride story; A very good friend of mine owned a large sheep ranch just outside to Telluride and was having a heck of a time with the local dogs killing his sheep. He and I were having dinner one night in town and he had put a couple of his dead sheep in the back of his stock rack enclosed pickup with the gates open. When we finished eating he went out and closed the gates, took 9 local dogs that had gotten into his pickup to beyond town and ended their career as sheep eaters......long time ago........before Telluride was the tourist town.

Telluride is the most dog friendly town on the planet... pretty cool actually. I don't think dogs are allowed in any of the shops but they all have water bowls sitting outside for them.
They used to be in all the shops and restaurants….I don’t go there anymore but I doubt it’s changed. Everyone there has dog hair all over their Patagucci stuff……(n)

They used to be in all the shops and restaurants….I don’t go there anymore but I doubt it’s changed. Everyone there has dog hair all over their Patagucci stuff……(n)
That is the benefit of having a dog mixed with a poodle. No shedding. I'd never have a dog that sheds again. I have friends that have a German Sheppard and there is dog hair everywhere. They can't keep up with the hair.

That is the benefit of having a dog mixed with a poodle. No shedding. I'd never have a dog that sheds again. I have friends that have a German Sheppard and there is dog hair everywhere. They can't keep up with the hair.
Thats why we went with our Giant Schnauzer. No shedding. ?

My favorite Telluride story; A very good friend of mine owned a large sheep ranch just outside to Telluride and was having a heck of a time with the local dogs killing his sheep. He and I were having dinner one night in town and he had put a couple of his dead sheep in the back of his stock rack enclosed pickup with the gates open. When we finished eating he went out and closed the gates, took 9 local dogs that had gotten into his pickup to beyond town and ended their career as sheep eaters......long time ago........before Telluride was the tourist town.
Damn!

I am sick of them. I saw a guy carrying one around in the Price Maverik last Saturday. It certainly didn’t make my burrito taste any better.

A few years back, my wife was in the Logan Sam’s Club buying groceries. Some idiot had a dog there and you’ll never guess what happened. Yep, took a big dump right on the showroom floor.

Unless one has a medical condition, keep it in the car.
Or just leave it home like the rest of us.

Some people who own dogs think that the rest of us normal people should love them just as much.... and we don't.

I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion for some of you dog owners out there in internet land but I don't want to be around them unless they're pointing pheasants or retrieving ducks! ... then they're pretty cool!

There's a time an a place for pets and it's not in the stores!

Zeke

Some people who own dogs think that the rest of us normal people should love them just as much.... and we don't.

I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion for some of you dog owners out there in internet land but I don't want to be around them unless they're pointing pheasants or retrieving ducks! ... then they're pretty cool!

There's a time an a place for pets and it's not in the stores!

Zeke
100% They consider them their kids, which is ridiculous in and of itself.

But even projecting your love for you kids onto others is ludicrous - I love my kids but I don't myopically assume you also love my kids.

I get that you love your dog, but don't assume that I love your dog too. I don't. And poor behavior from your dog (invading my personal space/licking/sniffing me) is even more annoying than poor behavior from other peoples kids.

Wish I the had money & the brains to buy property in the area when we use to ski there back in the 80's & early 90's before Mtn. Village.

100% They consider them their kids, which is ridiculous in and of itself.

But even projecting your love for you kids onto others is ludicrous - I love my kids but I don't myopically assume you also love my kids.

I get that you love your dog, but don't assume that I love your dog too. I don't. And poor behavior from your dog (invading my personal space/licking/sniffing me) is even more annoying than poor behavior from other peoples kids.
I already don't love your kids.....LOL

10 Things I don't like in today's society:

1 - Kids walking across my grass!!! Stay off my lawn!

2 - All the technology that I don't understand!! It will take me years to catch up to these punks. I miss my manual typewriter.

3 - Stop signs!! I mean - isn't it obvious that you should all just yield for me??

4 - Fact checkers! Don't try to tell me my favorite politician is lying or inaccurate! I like him and I want to believe everything he says. Keep your "facts" to yourself.

5 - 15 inch saddles!! They just don't fit!

6 - People who drive little trucks - even if it is just to get groceries! We should all be driving, big, jacked-up dually diesels. Or buckboard wagons pulled by mules.

7 - Movies with sound in them!! Dialogue ruins the action. And all this music! It's so loud! Bring back actors like Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton!

8 - Repeating rifles!! No. Wait. I like these.

9. Sassy women! Well, actually, I like them too.

10. "10 Things I Don't Like" lists! Find a better way to complain than just making a list like you are shopping for groceries in your little truck.

11. Turtle poachers! Get your tags and NO MORE SPOTLIGHTS!!! (That means you Eel!)

10 Things I don't like in today's society:

1 - Kids walking across my grass!!! Stay off my lawn!

2 - All the technology that I don't understand!! It will take me years to catch up to these punks. I miss my manual typewriter.

3 - Stop signs!! I mean - isn't it obvious that you should all just yield for me??

4 - Fact checkers! Don't try to tell me my favorite politician is lying or inaccurate! I like him and I want to believe everything he says. Keep your "facts" to yourself.

5 - 15 inch saddles!! They just don't fit!

6 - People who drive little trucks - even if it is just to get groceries! We should all be driving, big, jacked-up dually diesels. Or buckboard wagons pulled by mules.

7 - Movies with sound in them!! Dialogue ruins the action. And all this music! It's so loud! Bring back actors like Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton!

8 - Repeating rifles!! No. Wait. I like these.

9. Sassy women! Well, actually, I like them too.

10. "10 Things I Don't Like" lists! Find a better way to complain than just making a list like you are shopping for groceries in your little truck.

11. Turtle poachers! Get your tags and NO MORE SPOTLIGHTS!!! (That means you Eel!)
I'd agree with #9 if the first word was "slutty".

#12 - guys on Monster Muleys correcting my spelling " I should be able to spell a word however I like. It doesn't matter if you know what I am saying, you just need to agree with me.

I have a yellow Lab I use on Waterfowl and wild Pheasants, I love him but he is still a dog and doesn’t belong in grocery stores pissing on the lowest shelves.
I don’t confront the owner because they are not breaking the law but I am now to the point I find the manager and let them know I don’t support dogs in grocery stores.
Thoughts?
Depends on the animal and the brain capacity of the owner ! But yes I’m definitely sick of a lot of them !!!! I do believe more of the problem lies with the lack of brain power in todays society of “special people “ tho…….. stupid dogs…..really stupid owners !!!!!!

You don't like fact checkers either. I haven't been convicted of turtle poaching in over 5 years. The citation I got last year was dismissed by a Trump appointed judge.

That's too bad. Sheep suck. So does your buddy. mtmuley

There was a guy who lived on a ranch above Arcata, CA. Arcata is a college town. He raised cattle and sheep. He shot a dog that was running his sheep one day and hung the dog on a fence with his phone number attached. The dog owner called him and started cussing him out. The rancher thanked him for calling and asked where he could send the bill for the sheep it killed. The dog owner hung up on him. That was the end of that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom