Who makes the best maps?

sticknstring

Who makes the best topos? Includes accurate private property lines, trails, access points etc. I got some little "pockets" I'm looking at-just want to make sure I'm in the right.
Which do you use?

I use BLM Surface Management Status maps. They seem to be pretty good. I'm not too sure that one single map is sufficient for all of the details you might be looking for.

>I use BLM Surface Management Status
>maps. They seem to be
>pretty good. I'm not too
>sure that one single map
>is sufficient for all of
>the details you might be
>looking for.

+1 Utah Idaho supply can make one for you. They can pull one up on thier computer, let you look at what you want, size it and make it for you.

I have used the Montana GPS hunting maps for my garmin. That way I have the Real time data when I am out in the field, just mack sure to calibrate you GPS. I have had great luck dealing with them and love my GPS unit. I also pack the BLM/Forest maps with me as a reference, but leave them in the truck. Good luck

HuntingGPSmaps.com Does a good job for Montana. Not sure about other areas . What state are you talking about ?

Big John-I'm referring to Colorado.
I figured there wasn't a map alone that could cover it all...just thought I'd check on MM. Lot of updated diehards on this sight!
I currently use the same chips in my GPS, Monttoc-the catch is, I want to get that kind of info while I'm sitting at the table at home researching an area. GPS screen is too small to research on. I think my best bet is to use the old BLM/forest map as a reference, "toggle" a given area with the GPS.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-12 AT 04:43PM (MST)[p]If you buy the download version at huntinggpsmaps.com you can load them into the Garmin program such as Basecamp or Mapsource and you can view them directly on your computer. Then you just upload the downloaded map to your gps unit from the computer program or create your own SD card to put into the Garmin unit. You can easily zoom in and see pretty good detail with them on the computer.

The one thing that I don't know if it will allow you to do though is overlay a map over the huntinggpsmaps.com download such as using the Birdseye satellite imagery or similar. I have never tried it to see if it's even possible.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom