WHO'S CELEBRATING??? 2024 RESOLUTIONS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
HAPPY NEW YEAR Everybody!

What'Ya Drinking This Evening?

I Shouldn't!

But I'll Likely Crack A DEW Open!

They've Limited Me To 1 DEW A Day!

So I've Got 'One' 2 LITER CHILLIN!:D

And That Should Be Enough To Prime Me To Get Through Another Day Of Nillers & Hossy's BS!:D:D:D

(((RAZZIN YOU GUYS!:D:D:D!)))

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

And Stay Safe Out There!

My Resolution Is:

I'm Hoping Somebody Steps Up To The Plate in 2024 And I'll Be Voting For A Real POTUS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everybody!

What'Ya Drinking This Evening?

I Shouldn't!

But I'll Likely Crack A DEW Open!

They've Limited Me To 1 DEW A Day!

So I've Got 'One' 2 LITER CHILLIN!:D

And That Should Be Enough To Prime Me To Get Through Another Day Of Nillers & Hossy's BS!:D:D:D

(((RAZZIN YOU GUYS!:D:D:D!)))

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

And Stay Safe Out There!

My Resolution Is:

I'm Hoping Somebody Steps Up To The Plate in 2024 And I'll Be Voting For A Real POTUS!

How about your resolution should be is post an actual hunting photo????

Still waiting

Resolution? Nope. I have a fair amount of snow coming down, plenty of wood under cover. I might head to Livingston to have my one beer and then come back and listen to logs crackle.

Home by dark.

Happy New Years to all of you.

Happy New Year all.
No resolutions for me, even though there is plenty of things I should work on.
I plan on spending the day prepping a batch of sausage to smoke & just tinkering around the house on a few things that need to be done.
I could care less about celebrating the New Year & will definitely have my rear end in bed around 10:30.

I Didn't Post It!

But Do You Remember When Somebody Did Post One Of My Pictures Several years Ago?

It Got Out Of Hand!

But It Was Perty Funny After The Pic Got Modified!

That Was enough For Me!

How about your resolution should be is post an actual hunting photo????

Still waiting

I Didn't Post It!

But Do You Remember When Somebody Did Post One Of My Pictures Several years Ago?

It Got Out Of Hand!

That Was enough For Me!
Only one I seen is you with an elk. In a nice farm feild, they gave you crap for a high fence hunt

I Didn't Post It!

It Got Out Of Hand!

That Was enough For Me!
Was that your Kalirodo buck? I remember that. It was a nice buck. No 4 wheeler in sight either. 😁

I'm changing my power steering fluid tomorrow. I like to do that every 20 years. My how time flies.

I Didn't Post It!

It Got Out Of Hand!

That Was enough For Me!
I remember a picture of ole elkass going all "furry" on us. Looked a lot like a bobcat.😲

Happy New Year to everyone. We're having dinner with some friends tonight to ring in the new year.

Resolution? Nope. I have a fair amount of snow coming down, plenty of wood under cover. I might head to Livingston to have my one beer and then come back and listen to logs crackle.

Home by dark.

Happy New Years to all of you.
Send some of that Livingston snow a few hundred miles to the West!

First No-Snow New Year I've seen here.

Happy New Years Cheers to all!!

Happy New Year. I don't drink much anymore so for me it's just hanging out with the family. If we get feeling wild and crazy, we might play some board games.

My resolution this year is to spend more time hunting and fishing with my Dad. As he gotten older, it's harder on him to hike the hills so he hasn't hunted with me the past few years. I had no idea how much I'd miss his company. He really likes getting out turkey hunting, but we kinda suck at it so maybe we'll figure it out this year or try a few new areas.

I’ll add my Happy New Year wishes to everyone to Bobcat Besses thread, cuz I know it will get read that way.

May you all have a fantastic 2024, anyone hurting or struggling with issues, may this be the year that you over come them all and may you have the best year ever.

Thanks for your friendships and sharing your stories……… it enhances my life.

Happy New Year. I don't drink much anymore so for me it's just hanging out with the family. If we get feeling wild and crazy, we might play some board games.

My resolution this year is to spend more time hunting and fishing with my Dad. As he gotten older, it's harder on him to hike the hills so he hasn't hunted with me the past few years. I had no idea how much I'd miss his company. He really likes getting out turkey hunting, but we kinda suck at it so maybe we'll figure it out this year or try a few new areas.
Good luck, you are so very fortunate to be able spend more time with your dad.

My 2024 New Years Resolution is no more buying U.S. Hunting Licenses..killed every thing on this continent I've wanted to hunt..have a lifetime German Hunting Licence now...Want a 6 inch Tusker on the wall for my bucket list now..

We brought in the new year with a great meal and lots of laughs. Wishing all of you a peaceful and prosperous 2024.
IMG_3704.jpeg

Good luck, you are so very fortunate to be able spend more time with your dad.

I do feel very blessed to still have my dad around. A few years ago we lost my father in law and my best friend lost his dad as well. I guess it hit me harder than I thought because ever since then, Im always trying to find things we can do in the outdoors together. My dad is still in pretty good shape, but he struggles in the rough terrain.

My dad and most my immediate family were deer hunters, never cared much for hunting elk. If it wasn't for a super generous mentor, i don't know if I would have ever pursued elk. With deer numbers being so low and tags being so limited, Im trying to find other opportunities we can enjoy together that aren't as physically demanding.

I was a bit shocked, but he really enjoyed antelope hunting when I took him out on an adventure, and even more shocked when he completely loved turkey hunting when we tried it. It didn't seem like it would be his sorta thing. I don't know much about turkey hunting, but by golly I'm going to figure it out now.

I have talked to many friends that have lost their parents recently and all of them regret not spending more time with them. I don't want to be missing anymore opportunity to spend time with dad. I don't care if I even have go shoot ducks, I'm getting dad out this year.

I do feel very blessed to still have my dad around. A few years ago we lost my father in law and my best friend lost his dad as well. I guess it hit me harder than I thought because ever since then, Im always trying to find things we can do in the outdoors together. My dad is still in pretty good shape, but he struggles in the rough terrain.

My dad and most my immediate family were deer hunters, never cared much for hunting elk. If it wasn't for a super generous mentor, i don't know if I would have ever pursued elk. With deer numbers being so low and tags being so limited, Im trying to find other opportunities we can enjoy together that aren't as physically demanding.

I was a bit shocked, but he really enjoyed antelope hunting when I took him out on an adventure, and even more shocked when he completely loved turkey hunting when we tried it. It didn't seem like it would be his sorta thing. I don't know much about turkey hunting, but by golly I'm going to figure it out now.

I have talked to many friends that have lost their parents recently and all of them regret not spending more time with them. I don't want to be missing anymore opportunity to spend time with dad. I don't care if I even have go shoot ducks, I'm getting dad out this year.
You’re a honorable son.

I’m an old man now, with three sons and six grandson son, they put my wants and needs ahead of their own…… everyday. As I’ve grown less able to hunt like we used to, it truthfully been harder on them than it has been in me.

I totally respect your commitment to your Father.

Yea, my dad passed away 37 years ago. He was too beat up from WW2 to ever hunt with me. But....I have his stories.

You’re a honorable son.

I’m an old man now, with three sons and six grandson son, they put my wants and needs ahead of their own…… everyday. As I’ve grown less able to hunt like we used to, it truthfully been harder on them than it has been in me.

I totally respect your commitment to your Father.

When I was a young man trying to find my place in the world my dad and I had some issues we didn't see eye to eye on. (Because obviously i was ALWAYS RIGHT he refused to acknowledge this) We had a period of time where we didn't speak much. Not sure what happened, but one day I was out chopping wood trying to get a few cords ready before hunting season and I had this overwhelming feeling to make things right with dad. I wasn't quite sure how to do it so I just called him. Had no idea what I was going to say.

I didn't get an answer so I left a voicemail stating I know we weren't getting along, but I expected him to show up at deer camp that year. This was challenging for him because we were in different states and it was not planned out on his end. I ended it with although he was a pain in my A$$, it was hunting season and he better be there because I had a 300lb buck scouted and I needed a packer. Long story short, I pulled up to the camp and his truck was already there. Never told him I had never seen a 300lb buck and he never asked.

We adopted this method as a standard practice when one of us was ready to make up but we were too stubborn admit defeat and waive the white flag. I'd get a voicemail that would go something like this "I didn't want to invite you because you are being such a weiner, but the fish are hitting on the (insert whatever lake or river here) and I don't have the time to fillet them all out myself.

We were both pretty hard headed, I think i got that from my mom. It's been a few decades now since we've had any disagreements that required this nuclear tactic to be deployed. Pretty much since that stubborn old fool finally realized I was always right and I really did know everything!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom