Wife Drew unit 57 pronghorn

J

jack_sparrow

My wife drew her first big game tag...a unit 57 antelope tag. We have never been in that unit so it will fun to learn a new area. She is excited to say the least!!
I sure can't draw any tags, but the wife can. Maybe I need to change my first name to a female name!!

Jack, my wife and I drew it about 7 years ago and I got a 82 4/8 buck, and then 2 years ago my 14 yr old daughter drew it.

I was disappointed with what has happened to that unit. There were oil roads everywhere and few 14+ bucks that we saw.

My daughter on the last evening we had shot a 14" buck that was wide and had character.

That being said, if you have the time and you can really get deep into the unit you should get a nice buck. Lots of antelope out there.

Thanks NMPaul, I appreciate the tip. Do you happen to have any other advice or tactics that would help us have an enjoyable hunt?

Larry, Mike just called me saying he drew Wyoming Region G and Idaho unit 42 to go along with his North Cache elk tag. That guy sure has a lot of luck drawing tags! He is in for another super year.

1 thing is for sure in this unit, if you stop to look at every antelope that you see you will never get more than 100 miles out of Wamsutter, this has been a great year for moisture and the horn growth is crazy, there are some excellent bucks around, expect to see several hundred goats per day, check out some of the areas away from the oilfeild for less pressure and possible better age class!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom