Wifes 2006 MT Whitetail

K

KentHunter

LAST EDITED ON May-10-07 AT 01:13AM (MST)[p]Here are a couple pics of my wife and her first Whitetail. We were hunting around Thompson Falls in NW MT. This buck came in following four does. When we first spotted him he was directly facing us. The does moved out of the way and this guy just stood there. He was looking our way, but I don't think that he ever saw us. The wind was kind of swirling, so I think that he might have gotten a whif of us. Anyway I whispered to my wife to wait and let him turn broadside so she could have a better shot. We waited for what seemed like forever and he just wouldn't turn. Then he started gettin antsy. The wife was sitting down and had the gun to her shoulder. I whispered to her that he looked like he was getting ready to get the heck out of there. I then asked her if she had him in the scope and did she think that she could drill him just below that white patch on his neck. She didn't answer. Instead, just as I got done asking her that, her .270 WBY Mag went BOOM and the buck pancaked like someone had hit him in the head with a lighting bolt!! When we went to check out the buck we saw that she had hit him exactly where I had asked her to shoot. If you look real close in the phtos you can see the entrance wound just below the white throat patch. We used the laser rangefinder and the buck had been standing facing us at 136 YDS when she made the shot. Man, can she shoot that WBY!!
457433.jpg

493995.jpg

Nice buck and nice shootin'. 270 Wby is a magic round! I took three nice trophies with mine and traded the darned thing. Sooner or later, I'll have that caliber again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom