Wifey connects on nice Desert Muley

NMPaul

My son and I convinced my wife to hike into our little camp and spend the night before her deer season started.
After setting up camp, we went up to glass. We immediately scared off 2 really really nice bucks that were a few hundred yards from where we were glassing. These were as good a bucks as I had seen in this unit. We had seen a few nice bucks while hunting for elk the previous few weeks.
Next morning up before dawn and in position. First 40 minutes all we saw was a doe in the distance.
Then I spotted 3 bucks a little over a mile away. Kim and I took off and Zach watched them in the spotting scope for another 20 seconds before they disappeared from his view.

Kim and I got to where we last saw them and found this buck bedded. we were 330 yards away when we first saw him, so we were able to close to 300 yards across the canyon.

Kim made the shot off of a bog pod (tripod shooting sticks) at 300 yards standing up (the only shot we had). When we first got there he was standing, but, not giving us a broadside shot. Then he layed down and all that was visible was the head and neck.
Kim, shot through the oak brush where his body was and he went about 30 yards and was down. Zach then joined us and we packed him out. It was a real full day and a tough pack out.

I am not sure I could have made the shot. When Kim has time she is a pretty good shot.

2010KimsDeer004.jpg

2010KimsDeer006.jpg

2010KimsDeer005.jpg

>Great buck. I've been thinking
>about getting a bog pod.
> I guess you recommend
>them?

I like them a lot. Buy the switcheroo and you can mount your optics on them as well.

NMPaul Family strikes again! Brother you guys sure know how to stack em up, congrats to you all on another fine hunt and great buck. By the way , did you guys ever get her big VC bull mounted?

>NMPaul Family strikes again! Brother you
>guys sure know how to
>stack em up, congrats to
>you all on another fine
>hunt and great buck. By
>the way , did you
>guys ever get her big
>VC bull mounted?

Yes, we mounted hers, but, mine I got 2 years later (340) we did a european of and it sits in the living room wherever we move it to.
We need to beat hers before we send another to a taxi. We had our chances this year, but, screwed it up.

Congrats on the nice Deer! Y'all are gonna need to buy another freezer at the pace y'all are going.

>You guys must have the biggest
>freezer know to man. Congrats
>again. Love to see the
>family success.

He does! you have no idea!!

Very nice Buck, Glad she hammered a nice one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom