Wilderness Guide Law

@SS! At your party will anyone eat that nasty sheep meat? I gave a lot to a guy at work and everyday he tells me how great it is, I say BS!!!!!!
They better! It’s rude to complain! Sheep tastes ok but give me elk or moose.

If you have elk in your freezer consider yourself a lucky guy and stop letting petty stuff ruin your dad. Cou<Jims>gh

Another crazy scenario, I hunted elk as a greenhorn kid in wilderness growing up in Wyo. My greenhorn young buddies and I were fortunate nothing ever seriously bad never happened to us. I moved out of Wyo and am a lot wiser now but can’t hunt the same wilderness without a guide. Seems mighty odd to me?
Not odd at all, it’s the law!! Don’t agree with wilderness law but it is law.

I love it @DoubleDropMuley . I get the whole mountain to myself. Don't have to stand in line at a trailhead behind California, Wisconsin, Michigan ????????????????. Don't have someone on a bugle call every 5 feet. That's why I stay away from the bighorns. The population up there seems to higher than casper's population

As a U***d, here's a survival tip for SS.

Set out a 6 pack of beer. But be sure it's not in a visible spot. Those Mormon assassin's will down the 6er, and be too drunk to kill. If you put it where they can be seen, your screwed. The Lord can't see things hidden, M-Sat?

The institution of slavery used to the law as well. Laws are meant to be changed, even more so if it as unjust as the Wilderness law. I pray for humanity that that this injustice is not allowed to stand.

Littlebighorn,
I have nothing but respect for you. Most of my post was in jest but I have no doubt in your capabilities and others to navigate and be successful hunting in wilderness areas. But in a world of too many people I'm not going to lie. I'm ok with the wilderness law for the simple reason it keeps some people out. I know the law is not right, but I could see the benefits of it.

You should of worked a deal with an outfitter where he made you the guide and your son was your client. Thats one of many ways around it ;)
not in wyoming law clearly says with out a licensed professional guide
so he could not just appoint him as a guide for his son so no THAT isnt a way around it

not in wyoming law clearly says with out a licensed professional guide
so he could not just appoint him as a guide for his son so no THAT isnt a way around it
Look up what it takes to be a guide in WY and then get back to us ?

ok up what it takes to be a guide in WY and then get back to us ?
Still need an actual licence or be a resident dont care what the quallifications are
An outfitter can't just appoint someone as a certified guide

ok up what it takes to be a guide in WY and then get back to us ?
Still need an actual licence or be a resident dont care what the quallifications are
An outfitter can't just appoint someone as a certified guide
Again look it up

To be a professional guide in Wyoming, a person must be referred by an outfitter, pay a license fee and take a written test administered by the Wyoming Outfitters Board. It's not a big deal if you know how to read.

To be a professional guide in Wyoming, a person must be referred by an outfitter, pay a license fee and take a written test administered by the Wyoming Outfitters Board. It's not a big deal if you know how to read.
An open book test by the way and you can do it at home and send it in and if you get a licence every year all you have to do is pay the renewal fee

Of course the outfitter that signs your licence has to be permitted in the area your guiding in and every hunter must be recorded in their paperwork

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom