Wilderness Unlimited

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
Are any of you guys members?
I used to have lots of private ground to hunt, but all that has changed! I was wondering about"W.U"-- costs, Quality, etc.
Can you guys give any advice?

I have been a member for 10yrs. The club has changed but it still works for me. We have lost some of the best properties to Golden Ram. I don't know how they manage the ranches so they may not be as good any more. W.U is not for everyone they have rules and will kick you out if you break them. There are also some in the club that think they are better and know everything on earth. But you get that anywere you go. My suggestion would be to look at both clubs and then talk to members of both and ask them Why they are members. Get spacific Rules, Ranches, Personalities, etc. I have learned some of the better ranches and I can hunt durring the week. I ignore the people with personalities and I do real well on the club. My membership lets me & my wife Take 4 deer, 2 pigs, and 2 bears. We have never taken all in one year but we have taken the 4 deer and 2 pigs several years. Do not think it is easy just because it is a club you have to hunt.

I used to work for W/U...they have more ground then Golden and are better people to deal with, (my opinion) theres potetial on a couple of the ranches for book blacktails...for the price of a guided hunt you can hunt a whole year for , deer pigs, turkey, quail ect...

HARRY,
JUST HAVE ONE OF THE POORLY TRAINED HIGH PRESSSURE SALES GUYS OVER TO YOUR HOUSE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY WU IS LOSING GROUND. I HAD TO ASK THE SALESMAN TO LEAVE MY HOUSE A FEW YEARS BACK B4 I CHOKED IS ASS.

huntnstuff,

your right the presure sucks big time, I thought when i hooked up with them it would be cool cause I got a free memebership, but the presure sucks big time, thats why i quit but they have some good property...and i believe they still have more property the Golden...

Salesman from both groups are worst than a Car Salesman, I have had both outfits at the house some years ago and I told them both, not the same time, I was not interested after the pressure tactics.

Brian

P.S. I don't even hunt CA anymore after an incident in Modoc Co. back in 1985.

I joined last year. I felt it was NOT worth the money. The properties were overhunted, if and when you could get on. They have a reservation policy, however, I wanted to hunt the Archery A zone opener. I had 4 choices listed, (I didn't know what was good or not). Ended up not getting any of my 4 property choices. I believe the reservation process maybe corrupt, the owners and salespeople get first crack at the best properties. Hunted a ranch THEY picked, and only saw 2 does in 3 days of hunting. We drove around the area asking for other property owners permission, after about 7 tries (lots of bunny huggers), we finally got on somebodies ranch and saw a couple bucks but with no time to hunt (1 afternoon) no luck getting a shot. I hunted 4 pig properties, was yelled at on one of these by the property owner. After learning a decent property one weekend, they lost the lease on it, so couldn't go back. They lost the lease on so many of there properties it is really just a club for people in the northern half of the state. The idea is good but it needs ALOT of work.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-03 AT 10:32AM (MST)[p]Thank You for the informative posts!
I think I will have to continue bustin' ass and backpack into the wilderness areas, or pay the big money if I want any quality hunting, Those are really the only choices if you don't have connections to private ground.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom