Wilderness Unlimited

N

NvMM

Any of you guys signed up with this operation? How do you like it, are the properties decent. How hard is it to make reservations and get out to hunt? Do you feel like it is worth the money that you spend? I am interested but want to hear from the people that are or have been members.

NvMM, they have decent ranches, however I do think that they are pretty well over hunted. Any good ranch will be booked on all open weekends before the season starts, so your best bet is to hunt during the week. There oregon properties seem to be managed a little bit better and the have pretty good numbers of animals, but just like anywhere get off the roads.My membership has been inactive for the last couple of years, I may re up in a few years when my kids can hunt but the last few years I have done much better on public land any way. Hope this helps

CABugle

I joined WU mainly to get a way from the crowds on public lands. Like CABugle said, the best ranches will fill up on the weekends, that's not saying you won't get a resv. There are still plenty of ranches that hold deer and hogs and easier to get on, but if you can hunt during the week it's great. My old work schedule made it possible to hunt during the week, that's no longer the case for me.

Overall, It works great for me and I really like it. You will find mixed feelings about WU, some will like it and some will hate it, It all depends on you and what your looking for.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses, fortunatly I have a fairly open schedule so I can get out during the week. Are most of there ranches open 7 days a week to members?

I had a rep. come over to my house several years ago and give me the skinny on it. He brought his book of pictures and showed me the ranches in the area and so forth. I told him I'd be very interested and wondered when I'd be able to go drive a ranch or two. He told me non-members weren't allowed on the ranches and that I'd have to sign up first. I told him that that's like buying a car without driving it. He left with that being the last thing out of my mouth other than "thanks for your time".

Steve

Read what Kilowatt said. You call and request a reservation and guess what it's full. Good ole buddies.

Some years ago I had rep come to my house and we discussed a potential membership. I saw a "lack of creditability" in his photo album. Oregon was off limits unless you had that "nonresident membership". Waterfowl...possibly.

I know a bunch of guys in wilderness,lots of property but lots of red tape and politics when you try to hunt!If your into that sort of thing,go for it but it isnt cheap.I was a member of Golden ram for 12 years and loved it! Not as much property but very little red tape, and a lot cheaper,with a ton of HOGS!!! A few good blacktail ranches as well.I tapped out only because I dont have the time I once did.Not to mention I got sick of killing stinkin pigs! Give Nick a call he's the owner tell him Greg says hi,and if you join corporate give me a call I know all the pig hidey holes!!! Greg

WU is a scam. They try to dupe you by telling you all the crap about how they have all these rules and regulations. I joined for 2 years and what the previous posters have said is true. It's a good ole boys club with a lot of misleading advertising--if not downright lies. Save your money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom