Will be in Unit 21 next weekend

LuckyHntr

Anyone want me to do some scouting for them?

Going to a Highschool reunion, should be fun.

I probably will get out early one morning around Douglas pass. It is always fun to see what is running around. Can't say that it has gotten better the past 10 years but seems to be about the same. Would be fun to see some bigger bucks!

Made it back home! Well there are some good bucks that I saw early one morning. Was there just before sun up and I beleive that more bucks than usual are mature... I couldn't find my binos for the first part of trip so I was handholding my 20 power spotting scope and 600mm zoom lens, ha.. A white Dodge pickup behind me had a couple guys get out and setup their tripod lucking at a couple of the bucks.

Probably the most interesting part of the trip occured while I sat in a batch of sage brush glassing. There were a lot of cows around and I kept on hearing a sound that sounded just like a buck grunt (like a buck grunt call). After a while a big three point buck stepped out from some tall oak brush about 50 yards away and didn't know I was there. He was a mature animal and had a large head and ears, I would guess he was 26-27 inches wide. Anyway he slowly made his way around the hill and I heard the noise again and it was coming from him! A smaller 4 point buck popped out in front of him and I wonder if he was calling to him?!?

I think hunters will have a good hunt this year. Maybe not more bucks, but more mature bucks. Maybe the following years will not be as good since I didn't see as many young bucks?

It was good to get out, the country is in better than average shape, beautiful red sunrise. More rain coming as the monsoon was really starting to kick in.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom