Willow Ptarmingan

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Here's a game bird that a lot of you may not have hunted. The willow ptarmingan's southernmost range is central BC. Only those from the Great White North are able to hunt this tastey bird.
Ptarmigin.jpg

BC
Not many people hunt them down my way because of the altitude and the long walks over tundra and rockslides. I go after them every September when they turn completely white except for their little black eyes thats gives them away. Thanks for the pic.

ptarmrock2.jpg

Cool Pic. I always assumed BC was their southernmost range. I guess you've got them down there too. Do you have lots in the alpine regions? On my highcountry hunt this September we saw tons. 20-30 in each group. Lots of different groups. Hard to kill with just rocks. I've never been much of a throw. Thinkin that I may bring a slingshot for the next backpack trip. Really adds to the flavour of camp cooking. But then again, so did the tenderlion from the bucks we shot.

BCBOY I would like to send you a private E-mail, and talk to you about hunting in BC, Thanks Buckeye.

Jeff,
What altitude do you see them at? I would like to see one maybe this summer.

archeryicon1.gif
_droptine_
archeryicon12.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom