Winchester 1894 model 30 WCP 1929 question

blacktailer

Hope it’s ok to post here. I’m helping my aunt out with some guns she has from her late husband. He collected lots of things and it’s been a real task going through everything. I believe it to be in very good of not excellent condition. Serial number is 1044857. Can anyone give me an idea of the value or the best place to sell it.
IMG_9462.jpeg

Hope it’s ok to post here. I’m helping my aunt out with some guns she has from her late husband. He collected lots of things and it’s been a real task going through everything. I believe it to be in very good of not excellent condition. Serial number is 1044857. Can anyone give me an idea of the value or the best place to sell it. View attachment 125246

IMG_9467.jpeg

IMG_9466.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9464.jpeg

IMG_9497.jpeg

IMG_9498.jpeg

That’s not an original 94, someone spent a considerable amount on coin on fixing that up, look real hard for a work order, or a bill of sale. If someone like Doug Turnbull did the work it’s going to be valuable. From the serial number it looks to be a late 1920’s manufacture. Be cautious on cleaning the case hardened parts, it’s very easy to mess them up. Before you price it or try to sell it, look for any info your uncle might have had on it. It will be in the thousands of dollars in difference if you can figure out who did the work.

That’s not an original 94, someone spent a considerable amount on coin on fixing that up, look real hard for a work order, or a bill of sale. If someone like Doug Turnbull did the work it’s going to be valuable. From the serial number it looks to be a late 1920’s manufacture. Be cautious on cleaning the case hardened parts, it’s very easy to mess them up. Before you price it or try to sell it, look for any info your uncle might have had on it. It will be in the thousands of dollars in difference if you can figure out who did the work.
Thanks for that info. Greatly appreciated. he had a large collection, mostly Belgium Brownings and was always very particular on keeping documentation. His mind went in the end and my Aunt found a few extra guns in another "hiding spot" She seemed to think he had said this gun had significant value. I will reach out to Turnbull. Thank you

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom