Winter kill in norrtheastern Nv?

G

gemstatejake

Just wondering how the deer did this past winter? Specifically in area 6 and 051...Plan to start calling the bios next week but figured I'd ask here too....Thanks for any input.

No bad winter kill in 51. I wasn't real impressed with the quality or amount of bucks I saw this winter in 51. It's actually been pretty dry around here. What we really need is a good wet spring.

Hey Cosa how's the Antelope hunting in 051? Im thinking of applying for that unit. You can pm me if you want.Thanks Devlin

Tom,
You also can talk with eelgrass and see where he hunted them goats when he drew there some years ago. I believe he has hunted twice in NV for goats, twice in Kali and last year in WY with me. Off hand don't remember unless I look, but think I also put in for 51 but not a first choice.

Good luck,

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'll get a hold of eelgrass and see if he has anything to offer.COSA gave me some good info.I'm trying to narrow the area down a bit to save some gas...

>No bad winter kill in 51.
>I wasn't real impressed with
>the quality or amount of
>bucks I saw this winter
>in 51. It's actually been
>pretty dry around here. What
>we really need is a
>good wet spring.

Wow, what a difference a couple hundred miles makes.......Figured you guys got pounded just like southern Idaho this past winter. You sure there could'nt be one or two good ones tucked away up in the wilderness area?! Tough for me to stop thinking about that country after our experiece down there a couple years back.....had a great hunt and a great time. Anyway, drawing anywhere at this point would be a major stroke of luck....likely just a point building year...Thanks for the info, as usual!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom