Winter kill

Elk_Nuts

How?s the winter looking in East Wasatch far?

-John Wayne

Been getting quite a bit of well needed Moisture this Winter!

I've seen some Winter Kill!

Mostly Deer & Elk getting Hit by Vehicles along the Roads!

We got a Habit here in TARDville of using Salt on Roadways to Melt the Ice off of them!

That Melts the Snow off the Edge of the Highways so the Deer & Elk can Access the Salted Feed!

Get's alot of Animals Killed every year!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Utah needs to get with the wildlife fence program and places for them to safely cross....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Utah needs to get with the
>wildlife fence program and places
>for them to safely cross....
>
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I agree hi way 40 east from strawberry to Roosevelt is a killing field for our big game and iam sure there are others in the state that kill tree share also

Fences can have a negative impact as well. Put fences up by my home in Summit County. We have a few hundred elk and more deer than you can count. They are basically landlocked and are starting to starve. They used to cross the freeway to better winter grounds. Not many getting hit around here but the situation is challenging.

>Fences can have a negative impact
>as well. Put fences up
>by my home in Summit
>County. We have a few
>hundred elk and more deer
>than you can count. They
>are basically landlocked and are
>starting to starve. They
>used to cross the freeway
>to better winter grounds. Not
>many getting hit around here
>but the situation is challenging.
>

Good point about fences. It's not always the best solution, so it seems.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Yoto you're right the Strawberry valley Is a slaughter house in the summer. I drove truck to SLC for 5 years and every day at least 2 or 3 get killed and some days 8 to 10. They should of high fenced it a long time ago.The wild life doesn't need to cross the road they have every thing they need on both sides of the road.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-19 AT 02:35PM (MST)[p]>Fences can have a negative impact
>as well. Put fences up
>by my home in Summit
>County. We have a few
>hundred elk and more deer
>than you can count. They
>are basically landlocked and are
>starting to starve. They
>used to cross the freeway
>to better winter grounds. Not
>many getting hit around here
>but the situation is challenging.
>

That's where the animal crossings come into play... overpass or underpass.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Them Damn Deer & Elk Around Strawberry can see the Big Water for Miles & they think they have to travel clear to the reservoir for a Drink when there are Tributaries everywhere!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I wish DWR and UDOT would stop picking up roadkill.
Ass to nose deer along 30 miles of highway would do a better job of getting people to slow down than all the signs in the world.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom