Wolf?

It's my neighbor's lost dog. He said to go ahead and put it down. He is sure it has Rabies.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

I'm no judge at all- can't tell the difference sometimes between a bar and a church. but- look at the size of those paws!!! I don't know if coyotes have paws like that!!!!

From the big paws and leg length I'd say it's a young wolf or possibly a hybrid. I've never seen a yote anywhere that stood that tall.

Are there wolves in the area you took the picture, or do you just want reassurance you might have seen one? mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-13 AT 00:26AM (MST)[p]Definately a wolf, can tell by the face/head, legs and feet.
Especially since it is in ID?????? guessing from your profile.
Edit- a young wolf
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Here is another picture, and yes this was taken in Idaho. This was more of a pop quiz then a question. I was already 99% sure this was a wolf, just wanted to get everyone else's imput.

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

BANG!! That is a wolf for sure.... small tail big feet!! that is this years pup. Call it a coyote if you need to keep it legal.

>So if I hammer some wolves
>out of season, but I
>call them coyotes, I'm legal?
>mtmuley

yes, unless you want to turn yourself in.:)

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-13 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]>We have a long season and
>big limit here in Montana.
>I don't need to poach
>any. mtmuley

***WH has sort of a warped mentality on things with a "shoot and call it a coyote to make it legal" comment!

I figured out a long time ago that shooting every wolf you see isn't going to help a damn thing. Might even get you in trouble. I spend a ton of time in the hills around the valley where I live. We have a dozen or so wolf packs. I've seen 3 wolves total. One of them I killed. My point? All the guys spouting the shoot em when you see em crap are spouting just that, crap. It won't help, it's a big risk and you probably won't get a shot at one anyway. Buy a tag, and when you are lucky enough to see one, hammer it. Or comne to Montana and kill 5 if you think you can. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom