Wolfley horses

rugarm77

This year my plan is to put in for Region H as a second choice ( I doubt I will draw my #1 choice ). Anyhow what I would like to do is rent some horses from Wolfley, has anyone done this and how was the experiance in dealing with them?? I am familiar with region G but with H I can put in for special and draw a tag. Does anyone have any suggestions on were to start scouting?? I looked on the maps and it looks like area 151 may have some nice areas to pack into judging from the terain. I have never scouted around there so what I am asking for is some of the family advice from you MMers. Thank's Jason.

You will definately find deer in 151, but not near the density you would see, say south of the Hoback River, but you certainly won't see the crowds of hunters there either. Kinda sixes really. If you hunt 151, be prepared to wade through elk to find deer, which can be enjoyable or frustrating, depending on how you look at things.
Wolfley has great horses that have been everywhere and done everything, they will take care of you.
Hope your plan turns into a great hunt!

Ask Founder. He uses Wolfley every year. Seems he abuses their horses with excess weight packing out every year too. ;-)

You won't draw H as a second choice. All first choice applications with 3 points are filled first, then all first choice applications with 2 to 2.99 points are filled, then all first choice applications with 1 to 1.99 points are filled,...... down to zero points. Then all second choice applications are considered. Check out the link and you can see that in the special deer draw, 252 out of 288 hunters with 0 points drew as first choice applicants, zero licenses were left for second choice applicants.

http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/Drawingodds08/NRDeerSpecialPP.pdf

cqh1

Thanks I think I am going to dump my 3 points and go with G. I told myself I would build points for a premium unit, I guess not. I have spent a-lot of time outside of Kemmerer and love the area. With the idea of renting horses wich is somthing I have always wanted to do i will dedicate some extensive time scouting and hunting. I still have Elk PP and will hold out for that. For now it looks like G this year. Good luck to all in 2010. Jason.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom