Wolves in CO , beavers in CA

On a personal level I don't understand the fascination with beavers. I've never seen a beaver in the wild but I've seen plenty of beavers running around the neighborhood. My heart doesn't skip a beat when I do. Was there something missing from my childhood? I didn't have any teachers with posters of beaver pups hanging in the classroom either. Maybe that's it.

If I ever see a beaver in the wild, I think my reaction will be the same as when I see aphids in my garden.

On a personal level I don't understand the fascination with beavers. I've never seen a beaver in the wild but I've seen plenty of beavers running around the neighborhood. My heart doesn't skip a beat when I do. Was there something missing from my childhood? I didn't have any teachers with posters of beaver pups hanging in the classroom either. Maybe that's it.

If I ever see a beaver in the wild, I think my reaction will be the same as when I see aphids in my garden.
You must have a lot of aphids in your garden cause what you said your reaction would be if you ever saw a wolf. You gotta spend less time in your garden!! :)

Helluva beaver success story win for the boys in CA. I wonder if they were the "Wynonna's Big Brown" subspecies?---SS
I’m sure one of those biology chicks was carrying around more than one beaver around in that video

What do cowboy coffee, rolled cigarettes and hippy chicks have in common?

I don’t know, what?

I’m one of a handful of people here who’s old enough to know what you’re talking about.

I would bet in California, that small population will get shaved down pretty quick! Unless this release happened in Humboldt County around say the trinity river? Seems like potentialy plenty of beavers that make a home around there.🦫🦫🦫🦫🦫🦫🦫

There are already dinosaurs here. I talked to some guys from Pennsylvania and they saw one during 2nd season. I also talked to a rancher who has lost llamas to one. He has pics of the tracks but he doesn’t want them posted.

I heard that some guys from Texas turned them loose here.

I didn't know Beavers were native to California. There's been a hollow spot in my life and now I know why.

We used to use backhoes to create ponds.

If I was to live long enough, I'd see F&W reintroduce Mule Deer to California.

MM guys, behind the trends as usual
Screenshot_2023-12-27-02-54-01-17_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see the razor/hygiene companies roll out their ad’s fighting back against the bush. This is what America has been missing 🇺🇸

Heck, beavers have been in CA. for many years. As a senior in high school, 1965, my cousin and I use to go fishing at the dredger ponds in the Yuba gold fields. Many a time we set upon a very large beaver dam and fished and watched the beavers enter and exit the dam.
Still had darn good bass fishing in that large pond.
RELH

Heck, beavers have been in CA. for many years. As a senior in high school, 1965, my cousin and I use to go fishing at the dredger ponds in the Yuba gold fields. Many a time we set upon a very large beaver dam and fished and watched the beavers enter and exit the dam.
Still had darn good bass fishing in that large pond.
RELH
Still good fishing!

Rie bread I do not know how the fishing is today at the gold fields as I have not fished there for the past 50 years. Back in the 60's it used to have 4-6 pound large mouth bass. Also had a lot of deer, but hunting was not allowed on the property.
RELH

Rie bread I do not know how the fishing is today at the gold fields as I have not fished there for the past 50 years. Back in the 60's it used to have 4-6 pound large mouth bass. Also had a lot of deer, but hunting was not allowed on the property.
RELH
Oh the the gold fields. I saw the yuba I thought of trout fishing.

More beavers makes better brown and smallmouth fishing, and that suits me fine. But there is no shortage of them around here. Perhaps the money would be better spent if they engineered beavers with skinny tails that did't scare every fish in the pond when startled.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom