Wolves in Colorado

Did you read those dipshitz in the comment section? Bunch of waterheads. "I've definately seen wolves late at night around DU and Greenwood village" F'n idiots. SSS.

There goes the number one elk population. I have faith that Colorado fish & game are not as stupid as Idaho & Wyoming. They need to that revenue stream.

JR

I hope you are right !! That is the last thing we need here - there's a reason they were killed off and it needs to stay that way.
If Colorado doesn't make a stand now, big game hunting in Colorado will never be the same. In a time of declining mule deer numbers, their existance in Colorado needs to be short lived !! Wake up CDOW and learn from Wyoming, Montana and Idaho before its too late .......

Robert
www.atkinsonexpeditions.com

Also once the wolves find out how easy of a meal the newborn calves and lambs are (as well as sheep), they will tend to prey on them more than wildlife....but wildlife will still greatly be affected.

They've proposed at bringing wolves in to control the elk in Estes Park already.

dutch
http://coloradohuntandfish.blogspot.com

Instead of talking to the DOW you might consider talking to a legislator who is pro hunting/ranching and do what Utah is trying to do. Pass a bill that bans Wolves from Colorado. Wildlife has had a great run in Colorado over the past 50 years, but that will all end quickly if wolves get a foothold!
Now is the time to stop them too because despite the hunting season in Idaho and Montana, wolves are still increasing by leaps and bounds.

Thank you littlebighorn - someone with solid ideas. Start writing letters today .....

Robert

I also think wolves are a bad idea for Colorado. However, I would rather see a pack of wolves (a natural predator) thin out elk in RMNP than snipers. The only problem is that they would spread outside of park boundaries eventually.

They are spreading from Yellowstone already. Reports in Idaho, Colorado and Utah...

Obviously they will thin the elk and deer down as well as every other little critter they can catch. Once the food dwindles and the wolves start becoming too populated they will start traveling in search of more food.

That is the evil cycle...if they just stayed inside the national parks than fine I guess but what do you do? Put one of those buried electrical lines all the way around the park and a shock collar on every wolf? lol....than they'd gripe that is cruel.
dutch
http://coloradohuntandfish.blogspot.com

I can't speak for Montana, but it's not that Idaho was stupid. It was teh federal government that tied their hands. Once a management plan was approved by the federal government, hunting soon followed, yet the feds cut the total quota that Idaho wanted to harvest by half. I agree with some of the other posts, that if you want to manage the wolves before they become a problem, talk to your hunter/rancher friendly legislature. Colorado is way outside the wolf recovery zone, at least the way I understand it, thus something should be done and soon. Don't automatically blame the state wildlife management agency though, as it's the feds that pull all the stings.

For once I will take the CDOW side they have no control it is all the Fish and wild life service the FEDS they make all the calls on this. Unforntunately i live about 10 miles from where these are supposed to be. This ranch made a big mistake letting this get out of the bag, they were a hunting ranch, but i want to see them get ten thousand out of a wolf lover for pictures. They just shot themselves and everyone else in the valley in the foot. Thanks Highlonsome?

I'm from MI and the wolves have moved into the UP. The deer herd numbers have crashed. Part from the last two winter and part from the wolves. Funny thing though...the herd was crashing before the last two winters. Hmm...

The locals practice SSS wolf management.

Good lord people chill out. There are NO WOLVES IN UTAH!!! They are in Idaho, Wyoming, and now colorado but we have that invisible fence around Utah that the DWR put up to keep out wolves, just because we are surrounded by wolves doesn't mean they are here!!!! I wonder if a state spends whatever to plant big horns, or elk, or turkeys, or whatever, doesn't that make each of those animals worth a certain ammount? If a wolf(protected by the feds) eats that moose, can't we sue the feds for that ammount? I know pie in the sky, but we in Utah don't have to worry about this crap because THERE ARE NO WOLVES IN UTAH!!!! Sucks to be you Colorado!!!

Wolves outside of Idaho and Montana are protected under the Endangered Species Act, what a total crock. Since when was the Canadian Wolf ever endangered. The problem in pre-wolf Idaho was us Idahoans did not know what was going on before they turned the disease loose in our state. The battle should of been tied up in the courts forever, but when the wacko left loons control the courts what hope do we have but to SSS.
I don't believe contacting state legislators will do any good, or the state game and fish. The federal Fish and Wildlife trumps them all. To re-write the ESA on the federal level I believe would be the best fix, but that would literally take an act of God in todays polital mind set.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom