Wolves Kill Another...

elks96

Long Time Member
All the wolf lovers are blaming the rancher again... Whining about livestock dogs, saying it is the ranchers fault for not protecting them, etc. God I wished one time they could see what really happens when wolves clash with livestock dogs.

All the wolf lovers are blaming the rancher again... Whining about livestock dogs, saying it is the ranchers fault for not protecting them, etc. God I wished one time they could see what really happens when wolves clash with livestock dogs.

Yeah so now the CPW is giving the ranches burrows to protect the cow herds? ???

Oh plus they found 6 dead elk killed near by too!
Think these burrows can protect the thousands of elk in the area too? ????

While your are at it catching burros might as well gather all the wild horses from all the western states too. ???
That way you can feed all the wolves and grizzlies without fear of running out of food for them. ??

Problem solved.

What about goco conservation easements? That seems pretty close to welfare. They bought my neighbors flailing ranch.
What are these goco conservation easements you speak of? Will they get turned into public access eventually or just a huge waste of public funds that we don’t get to use?

I couldn’t completely explain what the goco easements are and do but, From what I can tell goco conservation funds buy up failed ranches so they stay open space as opposed to becoming developed. The ranch owner, who was most likely gifted the land from daddy, gets paid to continue to flail and be unprofitable at ranching as long as they keep up the illusion of a ranch and now they can’t sell out to a housing development.

Then their kids get the same deal.

I don’t know seems like welfare to me.

We used to shoot wild dogs for attacking our livestock, they were just doing what wild dogs do and we were just doing what ranchers do.

I couldn’t completely explain what the goco easements are and do but, From what I can tell goco conservation funds buy up failed ranches so they stay open space as opposed to becoming developed. The ranch owner, who was most likely gifted the land from daddy, gets paid to continue to flail and be unprofitable at ranching as long as they keep up the illusion of a ranch and now they can’t sell out to a housing development.

Then their kids get the same deal.

I don’t know seems like welfare to me.
I mean im not opposed to it…. But if public bucks are paying for it. Should be open to the public (hunting and fishing on said land) . Co needs to keep more open spaces vs. building on every square inch. The front range is already getting over developed… but that’s just my opinion, from being a local who is getting priced out of my own state

I mean im not opposed to it…. But if public bucks are paying for it. Should be open to the public (hunting and fishing on said land) . Co needs to keep more open spaces vs. building on every square inch. The front range is already getting over developed… but that’s just my opinion, from being a local who is getting priced out of my own state
Yeah I think it’s a great idea. I was just responding to the guy that said he doesn’t know any “stockmen” on welfare.

Dang, the western states are all about welfare, Wyoming welfare winter elk , welfare wolves, wellfare ranchers on BLM , 90/10 permits so the residents can hunt on welfare on BLM , state, federal land funded by taxes from other states :ROFLMAO:

it’s a dang cow , they die and get eaten, bloat or wolf = same tax right off

Ya know, I wouldn't be so anti wolf if they'd quite making it political AND follow the ESA guidance that was agreed upon with the introductions. There numbers far exceed what is agreed upon yet here we are today supplying welfare to this liberal mutt on the tit of someone else's labor. ?

I swear the DOW must be run by the same tree hugging biologists that we have in Minnesota. No common sense whatsoever. I feel bad for Colorado as we've been dealing with wolves since the 70's and it's only gotten worse. Can't hunt moose anymore here due to what they blame it on...ticks. They don't mention the high calf mortality due to wolves..... :(

Yeah I think it’s a great idea. I was just responding to the guy that said he doesn’t know any “stockmen” on welfare.
Sounds like your neighbor is a crappy rancher. I've seen lots or ranches sold to better operations. I'm not sure how Colorado supports your failing ranches and with what money, but I still don't know any "stockmen" on welfare.
Anyway, shoot the welfare wolves

I have never lost any sleep over a wolf killing a non-native animal. Whether its a cow, a burro, or a guard dog, it doesn't matter to me.
Your constant attempts to villainize wolves is no different than the constant attempts by the other side to anoint them. It's all childish to me.

I don’t think wolves need to be villainized. They are animals that hunt and kill to survive. Just like us. We just have bigger brains. I do think that there needs to be a real discussion about how there is already an established pack in Co…. So re-introducing more and the wrong kind of wolf ( co was previously populated by Mexican grey wolves ) is a bad idea for everyone

I don’t think wolves need to be villainized. They are animals that hunt and kill to survive. Just like us. We just have bigger brains. I do think that there needs to be a real discussion about how there is already an established pack in Co…. So re-introducing more and the wrong kind of wolf ( co was previously populated by Mexican grey wolves ) is a bad idea for everyone
There is absolutely NO evidence that Mexican wolves ever inhabited Colorado. The native species there was the gray wolf -- same as the pack currently living there. Mexico, AZ, NM & maybe southwest Tx. were home to the Mexican variety.

There is absolutely NO evidence that Mexican wolves ever inhabited Colorado. The native species there was the gray wolf -- same as the pack currently living there. Mexico, AZ, NM & maybe southwest Tx. were home to the Mexican variety.
Yeah but do you really think wolves know borders? It’s very feasible for them to cross over imaginary lines made by humans…

Crossing over the line and inhabiting an area are quite different. Even you know that. ;)

There's lots of evidence the grays were there; there is little that show the Mexican types were anything but casual visitors.

Last edited:
I am very well wrong then, I must have misquoted some anti gray wolf propaganda. About how grays don’t belong in Co…

I am very well wrong then, I must have misquoted some anti gray wolf propaganda. About how grays don’t belong in Co…
I just pulled this off the COP&W site:

Mexican Wolf​

(Canis lupus baileyi)​

The Mexican wolf is a distinct subspecies of wolf. It is listed as Endangered under the Endangered Species Act. Therefore, it is under the management authority of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

The historic range of the Mexican wolf includes New Mexico, Arizona, and Mexico. Wolves are capable of traveling long distances, and although solitary Mexican wolves may occasionally have explored the state, there is no evidence that populations of the subspecies ever resided in Colorado.

The USFWS has recently changed the boundaries for the experimental population area extending it from Highway 40 (and east-west highway between Albuquerque and Flagstaff) south to the Mexican border.

I have never lost any sleep over a wolf killing a non-native animal. Whether its a cow, a burro, or a guard dog, it doesn't matter to me.
Your constant attempts to villainize wolves is no different than the constant attempts by the other side to anoint them. It's all childish to me.
I have never lost any sleep over comments from some who is obviously suffering from decreased cognitive abilities from excessive autoerotic asphyxiation.

It just perverted too me…

Sounds like your neighbor is a crappy rancher. I've seen lots or ranches sold to better operations. I'm not sure how Colorado supports your failing ranches and with what money, but I still don't know any "stockmen" on welfare.
Anyway, shoot the welfare wolves
Yeah it seems like he is a crappy rancher. That’s why the government has to give him money.

Just like that joke of an organization RMEF? Using part of your money to buy up land that no one can access?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom