Wolves

M

MarshallBill5

I am looking for information on where to do a wolf hunt. I am looking into this so that a couple friends and some family can come here in January and do a week long wolf hunt. We are thinking early to mid January and I am looking for any and all information so that one of us can be successful. We are not set on dates so if January is a bad time to hunt them then let me know. We just want to get out and get it done. Thanks for any information that anybody is willing to share.

Check out kill numbers on the F&G website, it might help. Than call the biologist in that area. I know not a thing about wolf hunting but I seams like some areas are killing a lot and places like the southern part of the state killed very few, I think it was like one last time I checked!
Kill them all if you can!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-12 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]I know of some areas near Sun Valley.... Just outside Sun valley there is the baker creek camp ground... All in there. Pm me is you want more info. huge country though and its 8k feet up. They might be down where the elk are by then

http://www.northwestwolfsightings.org/Map.html#anchor_90

That is a link to a wolf sighting site. It seems useful for finding trends and general areas. The maps are updated every few months and was just updated on NOV. 3rd.

It seems like the wolves travel with their food source so with the onset of winter I would assume they move into the lower elevations. I have never been wolf hunting but hope to give it a shot (pun intended) this winter. I have been told they're very territorial and will come in to coyote howls. Also, I would bet that using a wolf howler to locate them by waiting for them to respond would be a good way to about hunting them.

What part of the state are you looking to hunt?

Any part of the state that gives us the best shot at filling a tag will work. I will check that website out. Thanks for the information.

Unit 1 Trail creek, lightning creek, & Grouse creek.

Check out foundation for wildlife managment, on line. This organization will reimburse your expenses upto $ 500.00 for each one you harvest after Dec. 1rst !!!(members only Panhandle only) They say they would like to do this state wide next year

The Panhandle Was at the top for total harvest, last year & is curently at the top with 16 for this year.

We have plenty of them up hear & would like to send one home with you & each of your friends.

Thanks for the info. My friends and I will gladly bring a few of them home to put on the wall. I hope we can get into them wherever we decide to go.

Heading up to the CDA river on friday morning hoping to either call in some or spot some. I will be in unit 4. Love to wack one or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom