World Record ????

B

BomberBlackies

Need your opinion. Do you think the current world record blacktail is 100% blacktail? I find it strange that the state of WA has relatively so few entries in B&C, yet it has the record of 182"+. I'am not trying to start a pissin match just want opinions from some of you blacktail afficionados!

wr.jpg

I think that once a blacktail crosses into the size occupied by muleys it faces a lot of skepticism.
One needs to submit the entire animal to clarify doubt, unfortunatley this can't be done with old heads.
HH

The length of the head from top to nose and nose to eyes looks like a pure blacktail to me. The ears are not all that large either.

TM

It was shot in Lewis,CO. It's a blacktail for sure. No muleys anywhere near Lewis,Co.

Bomber

Thought I'd throw out my opinion. He's definally pure blacktail or blacktail cross. I think just a trace of old ancient whitetail blood also. One thing I am sure of is that I would love to see a blackie like him in the woods!

Ransom

Wow! This dilemma will never end. I live in Southern Oregon and every time someone kills a big one they all yell "Benchleg"! Yes most are crosses down here but there are lots of huge Blacktail down here that are never seen in the light of day. I have several on trailcams that will score over 150 and the are all at night. I personally have one that scores over 170 and my dad has 2 that score over 170. Keep in mind we are in Jackson County and that is where the Blacktail line is further to the east of I5 than the rest of the state. I think the deer around here have better genetics and they just grow bigger. Now I also think that there are a lot of crosses that are entered as Blacktails. Myself being an Official scorer for the Oregon record book feel that they should DNA test any new World record animals that are entered. I can drive 60 miles and take Benchlegs that will easily make the record book and some have all the features of the regular blacktails.

Yes, I meant Lewis COUNTY, WASHINTON STATE. I was just trying to make my post brief! How's that?

I'm from Pacific County, which is out towards the coast a little way from Lewis Co., and we see some that will give that one a run for its money. I know a few who have shot ones big enough to look like mulies. I believe that one is full blacktail.

I will 3rd or 4th the fact that deer was killed a long way from the cascade crest, from any mule deer and even longer way from any whitetails.
pure blackie...no doubt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom