would you pt 2

A

aepadil

if you guys remember in sept i was hunting antelope and anyways got a ticket.well we were going to fight it but my buddy said he would be to busy to go, so i sent in the paperwork and the fine was 273. now the good part turns out he went and fought it his court date was today. case dismissed even the judge said the maps they give out suck.to make it worse was when he gave us the citation it was for lincoln county wrong the county rd we were on was divided so actually we were in soccoro county he admited thaat part my thing is should i try and get my money back since he screwed up and the judge dismissed it.or just let it go

What he said.. When you pay the fine it is an admission of guilt and the penalty is assessed as such. The courts do not issue refunds. A hard lesson to learn but in the future take it to court. As you can see it worked for your buddy.

I agree with the rest. Sorry to say it, but that money is gone. I had a situation like that when I was younger. I left my wallet at home, on accident of course, and went fishing with my brother. Well, as it turns out, we were checked by Game Officers, and he issued me a citation, after a long process of running our names, and abusing his power. He even told me, and I quote this, "If you try anything funny, I'll have to use this," with his hand on his pistol. Anyways, I said I would plead not guilty, and go to court, as I had my license, he tells me that it won't even be worth it, that if I don't have it on me, that it's the same as not having it, and it would be a waste to go in front of the judge. So, I say ok, and pay it, being young, naive, and believing him. Then it turns out that they never received the money, which was sent in money order form, and when I found this out, I no longer had the receipt (my fault). So I ended up listening, paying the fine twice, when I never should have. That situation really turned me on Game Wardens, I had always wanted to be one, but seeing these types turned me off on them.... I know there are some good ones out there though.

You need to call the magistrate that handled the case. Ask what plea was entered on your behalf when they accepted your fine money. If you pleaded a "no contest" or similar plea you can appeal the case or the Magistrate may revisit your case. If you plead guilty your probably SOL. Best advice though is to contact an attorney.

Good luck. I think you are SOL.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

you dont think they might change it now that the officer was in the wrong and adnitted it

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom