WTH?

muleyboy

Arizona must be experiencing technical difficulties on their draw system this year huh? Anybody have any insider info on the situation?

Results were posted April 2nd last year, so its not like they are significantly behind where they were last year. G&F has been telling folks they would be out this week, so tomorrow is a decent bet.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-14 AT 05:23PM (MST)[p]Maybe next month! I heard that the person they assigned to do the draw got the flu and no one knows when she will be back to work. Seems like the more technology they put in place the worse their process gets. Every year later and later.

Got an idea where the draw can be fun for all. Build machines similar to slot machines that have numbers on the wheels instead of images and put them in the AZGF offices. Swipe your CC and key in the hunt you want to apply for then pull the handle and let the wheels spin. If there are 40 tags for the hunt you applied for and the number the machine stops on is between 1 and 40, your card is charged and the machine prints your tag. If your number is higher then you go on to your second choice and repeat the process. You either leave with a tag or you don't. Instant gratification and a win win for all concened.

Just a fun way to vent on a Friday afternoon I guess.

Well, I guess it ain't as unusual as I thought. I went back into the MM archives and found the dates where results were posted from 2009 through last year.

2014 - ????
2013 - 04-02-13 appx 10:00 AM
2012 - 04-09-12 appx 02:00 PM
2011 - 03-29-11 appx 11:00 AM (Good year for me personally)
2010 - 03-29-10 appx 10:30 AM
2009 - 03-30-09 appx 03:00 PM

Can anyone guess (see) when the On-Line credit card process began? I guess the first or second week of April is the new norm. A post on another site said next Thursday the 10th and I thought Ya Right, but he is probably pretty close to the mark.

Have not applied for deer the last four years so has posting those results slipped into August yet? Used to come out around the third week in July.

At least Colorado results are posted BEFORE AZ deer apps are due. What a novel concept.

I'm guessing the new bit with the CCs is causing some delay. They can't post the results until they make three attempts to contact those who had CC rejections and go onto the next person in line if needed. Only then will the draw results be accurate.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Maybe today??

Carried the dates I posted a little further

04-02-13 was a Tuesday
04-09-12 was a Monday
03-29-11 was a Tuesday
03-29-10 was a Monday
03-30-09 was a Monday

Looks like the trend is Monday or Tuesday, but of course past events are no guarantee of the future. Maybe today or tomorrow???

It's like any government entity, inefficient and slow. It would take a day to tie someones shoe, if they were given that task. Just know, that it will always be slow and unpredictable. I mean if you took everyones money for a drawing in early february and gave them the draw results in April in the public business sector, your business would fail. It is what it is beaurocratic mire and inefficiency, so expect it and don't get to excited about it, cause it aint going to change.

T

Well we just passed 10am Tues and nothing yet :)

You would think that a few wise politicians (I know that's an oxymoron) and the business that buy their elections would see the value in providing updated information as its known. Lots of money starts flowing the day we know where we are going and that's just good for the state economy especially in those smaller towns and businesses that benefit from the hunting community.

From the time many of our CC's got hit til now, two weekends of spending a few hundred bucks on fuel and motels and fishing supplies have gone by and are now a lost economic opportunity.

Website now says the results are available but really not so. this is what it currently says:

Draw Results for 2014 Elk and Pronghorn Antelope Now Available

Elk reg coverThe draw results for Arizona?s 2014 elk and pronghorn antelope big game hunts are now available by visiting https://az.gov/app/huntdraw/home.xhtml and scrolling down to the ?View results and bonus points? link. Applicants can also find out if they were drawn by calling (602) 942-3000 and selecting option two.

There were more than 140,000 applicants for this year?s elk/pronghorn antelope draw for hunts or bonus points, and 26,041 tags were issued. The total number of applications, including those submitted on paper and online, was approximately 109,440.

Hunt permit-tags for successful applicants, and refunds for unsuccessful or rejected applicants/applications (less application fees), are expected to be mailed out by April 18, pursuant to Arizona Game and Fish Department Hunting and Trapping Regulations.

Assume will get up to date soon.

Turn it over to a private entity and it will cost less and probably be done in 1 week, that's the difference.

T

Hmm. I hit refresh about every 15min and I never saw that screen.
Definitely not seeing any results yet either. Wonder if you just somehow caught a very short online "test" window of if you still see that? (few years back some of us got in around noon but they quickly shut it down and then turned it on for real sometime after 2pm)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-14 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-14 AT 12:55?PM (MST)

Faked us out. Pulled the "results are available" post and went back to "applications being accepted". Seems like technology still has them confused.

The Left Over list that was up for a little while was dated yesterday. Hummmmm

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom